Props to Phillip Rivers

Dr. K

Just want to say it was good to see Rivers take apart the Pats last night. I've always been a Rivers fan (I teach at NC State, where he was the best quarterback in school history).

I wanted the Bills to draft him in 2004; I knew he would make it in the pros despite questions some had about his arm strength and his somewhat sidearm throwing motion. He has brains and accuracy and a quick release. Too bad he rose up the draft charts so quickly after destroying J.P. Losman in the senior bowl (Rivers was MVP). I was annoyed when some on this board claimed Rivers was a "bust" when he didn't take over the job from Drew Brees his first season, and didn't set the league on fire in his second.

This doesn't mean I don't want the Bills to beat the Chargers badly next week. But don't underestimate the Chargers' QB.

I've always been a huge fan of Rivers, I don't care for his throwing motion but hey, it works for him. I was on the Rivers bandwagon coming out of NC state as well. It's good to see him doing well.

I have to be honest. Rivers motion and release reminds a lot of Marino. Obviously he isnt as talented but i guess time will tell.

It's interesting to me that of the four first round QBs selected that year, Eli Manning, Rivers, Rothliesburger, and Losman (in that order, I think), three of them have proven to be first-class starters. This could be the strongest first-round QB class since the Marino, Kelly, Elway, Tony Eason year.

I still think J.P. could make it, but he is looking more like Eason than Kelly right now. Eason also showed some promise, but never proved to be worth the pick.

Is anyone else not impressed by Romo on the least. Granted he is on 3 of my fantasy teams, but the guys mechanics are terrible. he is like favre with out the talent. Always throws off his back foot and rarely puts anything on the ball. He can throw it deep though, but the intermediate throws are horrible.

Is anyone else not impressed by Romo on the least. Granted he is on 3 of my fantasy teams, but the guys mechanics are terrible. he is like favre with out the talent. Always throws off his back foot and rarely puts anything on the ball. He can throw it deep though, but the intermediate throws are horrible.

It's almost like he "spaces out" for quarters at a time. Over-rated IMO.

Horrible ball-handling decisions at horrible times/field position. He seems to think he can magically make a play out of nothing when the smart play is to turtle up and take the sack. He thinks he can make all the throws but continues to throw stupid INTs.

In all of his seasons thus far, he has had stretches where he looked like a hall of famer, and stretches where he has looked like an undrafted QB out of a small college. No consistency.

Romo's biggest weakness is that he can't scramble out of trouble to find receivers. When he has protection and finds someone open quick, his accuracy deep can be lethal. But when the pocket breaks down, he lacks awareness of where he is and runs right into a sack often.

Note - Just reported - Romo is out 4 weeks with a broken pinkie.

his means of doing what he's doing may not always be pretty, but he's pretty much guaranteed for 2+ touchdowns a week and 250+ yards. if trent edwards ever gets to tony romo's point, i'd be ecstatic.