Some thoughts, ideas, predictions...

We have our work cut out for us, and we are faced with some adversity...let's see how this young team comes together and rallies behind their coach, to deal with what's been going on (performance, injuries).

I think this team has many plays in the playbook, yet to be seen. The first 4 games, we didn't need to lay everything on the table. Last week we might have displayed more, but everything went out the window when Trent got hurt. I just think when the Offensive Line gets it together and Trent comes back, there will be a major difference in our play-calling. Marshawn, Evans and Parrish (when healthy) will see the ball a lot more, Freddie will continue to be a weapon, James Hardy will step up and be utilized more, and I think Derek Fine (when healthy) will become a nice receiving target.

I would really like to see Steve Johnson on the field, instead of Justin Jenkins.

I would also like to see us sign a decent, fast/quick Defensive End. Or get Chris Ellis in the mix. John McCargo needs more reps being a 1st Rounder, and Spencer Johnson need to earn that decent size contract he received. Staying with the defensive line, I would like to see Perry use the package where he had everyone (d-line too) stand straight up. I think we used it in the Seattle game or the Jacksonville game. There might have been 1 DT who got in a stance, the 2 DE stood straight up, and everyone else was CB/S. The opposing Offensive line was extremely confused.

I REALLY think we need to make a move to replace Ellison. He just seems too small and he can't tackle big backs.

I also think that McKelvin should start in place of McGee, while he is out. McKelvin will most likely replace Jabari Greer next year, so he should be getting the reps and playing time, to learn and get comfortable. Youboty is excellent in the slot, and he can continue to build on that for next year. (At the same time, Youboty is doing so well. He may replace Greer, letting the coaching staff continue to work with McKelvin...I doubt it). Either way I am comfortable.

I like McKelvin returning kicks. He is VERY good. Be patient it WILL come. We saw it throughout his college career, and we ALL saw it in the Pre-Season. He is great. He has potential that is off the charts, and speed/skills that is freakish. We all also saw, against the Rams, how tough and physical he can be. I like the kid. He makes some mistakes, but he is a Rookie, from Troy (a small school). We can afford to let him go through his growing pains early.

In the end, it ALL lies on the shoulders of Trent Edwards and his coaches. Both have all the skill and potential that they need to produce a playoff team this year. Next year? We can worry about that in February. With a couple holes to fill, this team is quite solid. Once we grab a TE, C, OLB, OG...we will be "Contenders."

* From here on out...I see it like this:

vs. Chargers - W

@ Dolphins - L (Trent won't be quite ready to go, so Losman starts. JP and Lee always have big games down there.)

vs. Jets - W (Trent comes back...big game.)

@ Patriots - L

vs. Browns - W (Monday night...possibly very high scoring, a great game.)

@ Chiefs - W

vs. 49ers - W

vs. Dolphins - W (In Toronto...either a blowout or it will be very close, down to the wire.)

@ Jets - L

@ Broncos - L

vs. Patriots - W (Potentially a VERY important game...very excited I'm going!)

Have a good rest of the week ya'all...the weekend is almost here!

GO BILLS!

I definately agree with everything you said. One position we need to fix is the center position. Fowler is ok but is just too small. We need to start mixing up the play calling on offense to keep opposing defenses guessing. Defensively we need to start blitzing alot more and tackling has to improve. McKelvin is a work in progress. He seems to have all the tools needed but in my opinion he has an awkward running style that may hurt him. I hope I am wrong and he can step right into the starting lineup next season after we lose greer. The whole season comes down to a healthy Trent Edwards. If he plays we make the playoffs. If he is out we do not make it. Go Bills

* From here on out...I see it like this:

vs. Chargers - W

@ Dolphins - L (Trent won't be quite ready to go, so Losman starts. JP and Lee always have big games down there.)

vs. Jets - W (Trent comes back...big game.)

@ Patriots - L

vs. Browns - W (Monday night...possibly very high scoring, a great game.)

@ Chiefs - W

vs. 49ers - W

vs. Dolphins - W (In Toronto...either a blowout or it will be very close, down to the wire.)

@ Jets - L

@ Broncos - L

vs. Patriots - W (Potentially a VERY important game...very excited I'm going!)

Have a good rest of the week ya'all...the weekend is almost here!

GO BILLS!

Ok, you have us beating the chargers without Trent (who should be 4-1) and then losing to Miami because we dont have Trent? You do know, most analyst still pick the Chargers to be in the Superbowl because they are that talented.

Then the Browns a very high scoring game? They are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and will likely have unproven Quinn playing by that game.

The Center position is the one area the Bills need to improve at. Fowler has his strengths as a player. For one, he is a very smart player who makes good calls on the line. He is also quick, allowing him to get to the second level to block the opponents lbs. The problem with Fowler however, is he stuggles when he is asked to block DTs on his own. In the AFC east, this is a big problem. All 3 division rivals utilize the 3-4 on most downs, meaning Fowler will always have a big tough DT across from him. The question is what do the Bills do about it. They are not going to replace Fowler at this stage of the game. They need to devise blocking schemes to give Fowler a little help. If this is done, I could see our offense having major problems in our divisional games.