The Two best Teams in the NCAA are OU and Mizzou!

Stl Bills

Don't get me wrong I think Alabama is an excellent team from the two games I've seen but I just don't think they have the fire power to score points with Mizzou or OU. Mizzou is leading the nation in scoring and is YET to have a three and out this year.....thats fuggin nuts. I think people need to quit drinking the SEC koolaid and realize in 2008 the best conference in the NCAA is the Big 12. :nana:

Don't get me wrong I think Alabama is an excellent team from the two games I've seen but I just don't think they have the fire power to score points with Mizzou or OU. Mizzou is leading the nation in scoring and is YET to have a three and out this year.....thats fuggin nuts. I think people need to quit drinking the SEC koolaid and realize in 2008 the best conference in the NCAA is the Big 12. :nana:

Not sure about best conference, but most certainly the best offenses and QBs are in the Big 12. The SEC has supreme athleticism on defense, but often times I find the SEC offenses horrid to watch. I guess it just depends on your preferred style as a fan. Personally, I like the 37-34 game, while others like the 16-14 game. To each their own.

I will say I think it's much harder to win on the road in the SEC.

Don't get me wrong I think Alabama is an excellent team from the two games I've seen but I just don't think they have the fire power to score points with Mizzou or OU. Mizzou is leading the nation in scoring and is YET to have a three and out this year.....thats fuggin nuts. I think people need to quit drinking the SEC koolaid and realize in 2008 the best conference in the NCAA is the Big 12. :D

Your boys would not drop 50 on Alabama. That is silly talk. Mizzou has not played anybody yet, Nebraska & Illinois included. I bet alot of College football & I thought Mizzou was the best pick of the day last week going into Lincoln. They were laying 11pts. Children of the corn my azz, that place has not been intimidating since Clinton was President. Easy money.

With that being said, I think it is pretty obvious(at least to me) that the Big 12 is the best top heavy conference in the country this year. I think Oklahoma is the best team in the country & I think Texas & Mizzou are just a smidgene below them. You then have Texas Tech, which I will admit is a bit of mystery given the joke of the OOC schedule. Do not sleep on Oklahoma St either. I have made alot of money on them also this year. These guys could put up some points.

The SEC from top to bottom is probably a better conference then the Big 12. But I would take the top 5 of OU/Texas/Mizz/Texas Tech/Okl ST over the SEC's top 5 of LSU/Alabama/Florida/Georgia/Vanderbilt. It is going to be really interesting to see how the big 12 shakes out the next few weeks with the top 5 playing each other.

Your boys would not drop 50 on Alabama. That is silly talk. Mizzou has not played anybody yet, Nebraska & Illinois included. I bet alot of College football & I thought Mizzou was the best pick of the day last week going into Lincoln. They were laying 11pts. Children of the corn my azz, that place has not been intimidating since Clinton was President. Easy money.

With that being said, I think it is pretty obvious(at least to me) that the Big 12 is the best top heavy conference in the country this year. I think Oklahoma is the best team in the country & I think Texas & Mizzou are just a smidgene below them. You then have Texas Tech, which I will admit is a bit of mystery given the joke of the OOC schedule. Do not sleep on Oklahoma St either. I have made alot of money on them also this year. These guys could put up some points.

The SEC from top to bottom is probably a better conference then the Big 12. But I would take the top 5 of OU/Texas/Mizz/Texas Tech/Okl ST over the SEC's top 5 of LSU/Alabama/Florida/Georgia/Vanderbilt. It is going to be really interesting to see how the big 12 shakes out the next few weeks with the top 5 playing each other.

To each their own, but I don't see a team in the NCAA that could hold Mizzou under 40 points this year. Nebraska might not be much anymore but Illinois is a good football team, they hung with Penn State all the way to the end of that game.

Don't get me wrong I think Alabama is an excellent team from the two games I've seen but I just don't think they have the fire power to score points with Mizzou or OU. Mizzou is leading the nation in scoring and is YET to have a three and out this year.....thats fuggin nuts. I think people need to quit drinking the SEC koolaid and realize in 2008 the best conference in the NCAA is the Big 12. :ph34r:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah ...

I've heard the same thing about Clemson (how will Bama contain Thunder and Lightning - more like Fizzle and Drizzle)

I've heard the same thing about Georgia (how will Bama ever deal with Stafford and Knowshon "NoShow" Moreno)

Bama is playing old school ball.

A punishing running game and strong D.

It would be hard to score when the Mizzou offense is standing on the sidelines watching the Bama offensive line grind that Mizzou defense into the turf.

To each their own, but I don't see a team in the NCAA that could hold Mizzou under 40 points this year. Nebraska might not be much anymore but Illinois is a good football team, they hung with Penn State all the way to the end of that game.

For a school that basically has never won anything, you sure are cocky. Do not get ahead of yourself here. I think Okl St is going to give them a pretty good game this week. Like I said, it is going to be interesting. Mizzou does not have to play OKL until the championship so that should be interesting.

Ah, the old apples and oranges ratio. So and so beat so and so by such and such, while so and so didn't beat so and so by such and such, which means so and so will beat so and so by such and such.

If only college football truly worked this way.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah ...

I've heard the same thing about Clemson (how will Bama contain Thunder and Lightning - more like Fizzle and Drizzle)

I've heard the same thing about Georgia (how will Bama ever deal with Stafford and Knowshon "NoShow" Moreno)

Bama is playing old school ball.

A punishing running game and strong D.

It would be hard to score when the Mizzou offense is standing on the sidelines watching the Bama offensive line grind that Mizzou defense into the turf.

We only need a few seconds on the field to score :doh:

Yeah and Clemson or UGA's offense is no where close to Mizzou's offense....

I am not saying Bama would shut down Mizzou, but I seriously doubt Mizzou will hang 40+ points on Bama.

You're to focused on how does anybody stop the Mizzou O. They do not have to stop it. They just need to keep it in check, preventing the shoot out.

The question you seem to miss:

How does the Mizzou D prevent the Bama O from controlling the game, and dictating the tempo?

I am not saying Bama would shut down Mizzou, but I seriously doubt Mizzou will hang 40+ points on Bama.

You're to focused on how does anybody stop the Mizzou O. They do not have to stop it. They just need to keep it in check, preventing the shoot out.

The question you seem to miss:

How does the Mizzou D prevent the Bama O from controlling the game, and dictating the tempo?

No I just don't think that is as important of a question as you do. Mizzou hasn't had a single three and out all year......NOT 1! Our defense has not but played great this year but our best player has been hampered all year with foot injury and will be back healthy for Okie State. Its obvious we have different opinions but the whole argument is a dumb one unless they somehow meet in the national title game.

No I just don't think that is as important of a question as you do.

Great! I hope the Mizzou players and coaches feel the exact same way.

Then when the Tigers get their jaw jacked by a real smash mouth team (and it doesn't even have to be Bama), it will be fun watching you trying to explain what happened.

Mizzou hasn't had a single three and out all year......NOT 1!

Have they scored every time they touched the ball? No? That means they can be stopped.

It doesn't have to be 3 and out. 5 and out will do. 6 and out will do.

Our defense has not but played great this year but our best player has been hampered all year with foot injury and will be back healthy for Okie State.

Unless that player is a DL or LB, it will not matter. Having Moore tackle a RB 5-6 yards past the LOS is NOT a good thing. Smash mouth teams thrive on getting 5-6 yards a crack. That's their intent.

Its obvious we have different opinions but the whole argument is a dumb one unless they somehow meet in the national title game.

You are right. We do have a difference of opinion, and the argument is somewhat dumb.

Mizzou ran the scores up on teams like UB and Nevada. Meanwhile, Bama has played 2 (alleged) top 10 teams, both of the wins took place away from Bryant-Denney Stadium.

And you might want to consider those facts before you run your mouth again.

Great! I hope the Mizzou players and coaches feel the exact same way.

Then when the Tigers get their jaw jacked by a real smash mouth team (and it doesn't even have to be Bama), it will be fun watching you trying to explain what happened.

Have they scored every time they touched the ball? No? That means they can be stopped.

It doesn't have to be 3 and out. 5 and out will do. 6 and out will do.

Unless that player is a DL or LB, it will not matter. Having Moore tackle a RB 5-6 yards past the LOS is NOT a good thing. Smash mouth teams thrive on getting 5-6 yards a crack. That's their intent.

You are right. We do have a difference of opinion, and the argument is somewhat dumb.

Mizzou ran the scores up on teams like UB and Nevada. Meanwhile, Bama has played 2 (alleged) top 10 teams, both of the wins took place away from Bryant-Denney Stadium.

And you might want to consider those facts before you run your mouth again.

:lol: Don't get mad just b/c you still know Mizzou would beat that ass by at least 2TDs.....its OK.

STL, I'll say that when you started making assinine posts whoring out a band of nobodys led by a short QB named Daniel and a couple of TEs I'd never heard of, I was wondering if you hadn't drank whatever gave Ed his boner for Rutgers. :devil:

But your boys are the truth...the turn around of that program has been incredible. I think they could take Bama, but they ain't hanging 40 on them. And this is a game I wouldn't mind seeing for the NC.

Big XII title game should be legit again this year.

STL, I'll say that when you started making assinine posts whoring out a band of nobodys led by a short QB named Daniel and a couple of TEs I'd never heard of, I was wondering if you hadn't drank whatever gave Ed his boner for Rutgers. ;)

But your boys are the truth...the turn around of that program has been incredible. I think they could take Bama, but they ain't hanging 40 on them. And this is a game I wouldn't mind seeing for the NC.

Big XII title game should be legit again this year.

OK maybe I'm a little over zealous when it comes to my Mizzou tigers, but I've never claimed to be unbiased.....in fact I've openly admitted to whoring out my team to whoever will listen. Getting past Okie State and Texas won't be easy but I think we'll do it, hopefully we'll get to see OU in the Big XII title game again this year. :devil:

Ah, the old apples and oranges ratio. So and so beat so and so by such and such, while so and so didn't beat so and so by such and such, which means so and so will beat so and so by such and such.

If only college football truly worked this way.

Just wait until the first BCS rankings come out. Then the wonks really get dizzy! Pollsters can screw up the obvious.

So much changes within a season. I expect the BCS championship to have at least one team with a loss.

If the Big 12 is so loaded (they are) how can anybody be so sure they are the best?

It easy to say that Texas and Oklahoma could be the game of the year but then again there is Florida and LSU. But then again how can we forget teams like Missouri and Alabama. There is a long way to go and a lot of surprises to come. There will be some upsets and some very upset people. Alabama has been a surprise. Can USC sniffle back up the polls?

OK maybe I'm a little over zealous when it comes to my Mizzou tigers, but I've never claimed to be unbiased.....in fact I've openly admitted to whoring out my team to whoever will listen. Getting past Okie State and Texas won't be easy but I think we'll do it, hopefully we'll get to see OU in the Big XII title game again this year. :devil:

Well, I guess you counted your chickens before they were hatched didnt you St Louis. I told you not to sleep on Okl St. These guys could play. After next week when you get bitched slapped by Texas, have fun in the sun bowl f*cko!!!!! :lol:

Well, I guess you counted your chickens before they were hatched didnt you St Louis. I told you not to sleep on Okl St. These guys could play. After next week when you get bitched slapped by Texas, have fun in the sun bowl f*cko!!!!! :)

Thanks for the well wishes Douche Bag. I can certainly admit when I am wrong and I was....Okie State kicked are ass yesterday. You're still a fag though.

Thanks for the well wishes Douche Bag. I can certainly admit when I am wrong and I was....Okie State kicked are ass yesterday. You're still a fag though.

Relax, I was just having a little fun with you & your cocky attitude. You should not expect to talk smack like you have the last 6 weeks & not expect to get some of it back when your team sh*ts the bed. It is all in good fun. You do not have to get personal though. But you show your true colors in defeat. Your a sore loser.

You both got personal, Gordio and Stl Bills. Now get over it. Like you said, it's all in good fun, right?

Hey Stl, your team is still very good, but they just got beat by a better team. It happens. I like the start my PENN STATE team has gotten off to, but I also know that 'til they can not only win the games they should win, but also take care of Michigan and TOSU, I'm not getting too excited.

Hey Stl, your team is still very good, but they just got beat by a better team. It happens. I like the start my PENN STATE team has gotten off to, but I also know that 'til they can not only win the games they should win, but also take care of Michigan and TOSU, I'm not getting too excited.

Amen. While I'm very impressed with my 'horns, I have no idea how they are going to beat Mizzou, Okie lite, and Tech over the next 3 weeks.

Amen. While I'm very impressed with my 'horns, I have no idea how they are going to beat Mizzou, Okie lite, and Tech over the next 3 weeks.

No no no, these games will be cake, dontcha know the SEC is the only league that has multiple good teams!!!!

That sched is brutal, but should make for some good games. Defense optional.

You both got personal, Gordio and Stl Bills. Now get over it. Like you said, it's all in good fun, right?

Yup. Long way from booking a flight to Miami in January, and there's a lot of football to be played before then.

For starters, getting past the we-can't-beat-Michigan brainlock this week.

My Apologies to everyone including Gordio....I was going to come on here and eat crow myself and admit that I got way ahead of myself. I guess I got a little pissed Gordio when I saw your post calling me a f*cko, should have just ignored it. Sorry again.

My Apologies to everyone including Gordio....I was going to come on here and eat crow myself and admit that I got way ahead of myself. I guess I got a little pissed Gordio when I saw your post calling me a f*cko, should have just ignored it. Sorry again.

I apologize also. I will state that typing the F8cko part was at least partially due to the fact that when I typed it I just got home from drinking at Wild Wings for 8hrs. I was trying to be kinda funny.

Hey, St Louis, beat Texas this week & Saturday night will be forgotten & it will also put Mizzou right back into the National Title picture.

Follow college football long enough and you learn that the natural order of things lasts until next the next game.

If you want in the BCS and you have to lose a game, do it early (USC and Florida) not late.

Missouri took a pounding in the polls for their loss.

USC and Florida look primed to climb back up the rankings. Florida and Alabama are headed for a classic.

Follow college football long enough and you learn that the natural order of things lasts until next the next game.

If you want in the BCS and you have to lose a game, do it early (USC and Florida) not late.

Missouri took a pounding in the polls for their loss.

USC and Florida look primed to climb back up the rankings. Florida and Alabama are headed for a classic.

The potential of having Bama in the SEC CG is a nice thought. However, I would rather not think that far ahead.

Bama still has to play Ole Miss, Miss St, Tenn, LSU, and Auburn.

Ole Miss and Miss St are not great teams, but are being coached by Nutt and Croom. While those two screw balls can make some of the stupidest football decisions known to mankind, both can motivate their teams and spoil the plans of their better opponents (see Ole Miss vs Florida, and Miss St vs Vandy)

LSU got buried by Florida, but is still only 1 game behind the SEC West leader Alabama. If LSU were to run the table from here out, LSU makes the CG. And do not think that is impossible. 4 of their last 6 are at home, and that includes the game vs. Bama.

While I like Bama's chances vs. Tenn and Auburn, both schools are Alabama's biggest rivals. Anything can happen.

The potential of having Bama in the SEC CG is a nice thought. However, I would rather not think that far ahead.

Ole Miss and Miss St are not great teams, but are being coached by Nutt and Croom. While those two screw balls can make some of the stupidest football decisions known to mankind, both can motivate their teams and spoil the plans of their better opponents (see Ole Miss vs Florida, and Miss St vs Vandy)

LSU got buried by Florida, but is still only 1 game behind the SEC West leader Alabama. If LSU were to run the table from here out, LSU makes the CG. And do not think that is impossible. 4 of their last 6 are at home, and that includes the game vs. Bama.

While I like Bama's chances vs. Tenn and Auburn, both schools are Alabama's biggest rivals. Anything can happen.

Bama really got a bad draw this year as far as the schedule goes. I know the home & away games are every other year, but it is really unfortunate for them this year of all years to have to play @ LSU. It would of been nice to have that one at home with so much riding on that game. I agree with you on your assessment of ole miss & miss st. Not great teams but very dangerous.

This is the game that could most likely prove to be a stumbling block. I know their offense has stunk up the joint this year, but Auburn and Alabama is always a dog fight. Always.

This is the game that could most likely prove to be a stumbling block. I know their offense has stunk up the joint this year, but Auburn and Alabama is always a dog fight. Always.

Nothing is written in stone until the game is played, especially between bitter rivals.

However, of the 5 teams I listed, Auburn is the least of Bama's concern IMO. I expect Tenn to put up a bigger fight.

I have no idea of what you know regarding Auburns problems, but Auburn's offensive woes run much deeper than a mere learning curve. The problem is coaching and/or higher, and is threatening to put the entire program in chaos.

Recent events have put the Tigers stuck between a rock and a hard place. Tuberville says he is committed to the spread offense, but the only guy on Auburn's staff that had implemented and ran such an offense was Franklin, and Franklin got shown the door. If Tuberville continues trying to incorporate the spread, Auburn's offense will continue to be pathetic, and there is a real chance the Tigers could go 1-4 down the stretch with no bowl appearance of any kind. Certain people in lower AL will NOT be happy.

On the other hand, if Auburn returns to some type of power running team, they increase their chance of winning games and a bowl appearance. However, doing that risks losing the recruits Tuberville has already gotten commitments from. As it is, based on the recent events, there has already been a handful of Auburn recruits publicly declaring they are no longer fully committed to Auburn and will look at other options. One of them, DE Montez Robinson, is now being wooed by Bama. If Auburn starts losing recruits to Bama: Certain people in lower AL will NOT be happy.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.