Reality check...to the fans on the board...

Alphadawg7

Ok seriously, the whining on the boards today is absurd and now I am officially annoyed. Here are my issues...

1. JP DID NOT LOSE US THIS GAME, so get over it already! I mean wow, he is a Buffalo Bill and you just want to pile on this guy who actually played ok despite not starting a game or having many reps with the first team offense. Our offensive line was awful today, not JP, who looked more like one of the top backups in the league who could possibly start for someone in this league.

2. The Robert Royal fumble had ZERO, and I mean ZERO, chance of being overturned and calling a replay there and 100% losing a time out would have been an awful caoching decision. His knee nor his shing ever touched the ground and there were GREAT camera shots to show this. The ball was NOT forced out by the ground as Royal flat out DROPPED it on his own a good foot or two above the ground. So there is no "down by contact" or the "ground forced the fumble" here, and this was about the only thing the coaching staff got right.

3. The hit on TE was NOT dirty. I mean seriously? What a absurd post...go play flag football or powder puff if you think a defender making a great hit on a QB is dirty. He did not lead with his helmet and it was the ground that gave TE the concusion not the defender. We hit Warner just as hard and clean to split his chin open, and that was not an illegal hit either. I mean, quit with the whining, its embarrassing.

4. Our defensive play and offensive line play lost us this game. Out coaching staff was missing two key starters, but the lack of defensive adjustment, the over playing for the deep ball, and in ability to stop them on 3rd down are the only reasons we lost this game. If TE was in there, we would have still lost this game because last I checked, TE didnt play defense and McGee and Simpson were still out.

In conclusion, it was one game, we were bound to lose a game and will likely lose a couple more. We are a young team who is growing, so be happy we are still in first place in our division and get ready for week 6. And, ENOUGH of the JP hating, if you cant support your team (and all its players) then go be a Raider fan...

Ok seriously, the whining on the boards today is absurd and now I am officially annoyed. Here are my issues...

1. JP DID NOT LOSE US THIS GAME, so get over it already! I mean wow, he is a Buffalo Bill and you just want to pile on this guy who actually played ok despite not starting a game or having many reps with the first team offense. Our offensive line was awful today, not JP, who looked more like one of the top backups in the league who could possibly start for someone in this league.

2. The Robert Royal fumble had ZERO, and I mean ZERO, chance of being overturned and calling a replay there and 100% losing a time out would have been an awful caoching decision. His knee nor his shing ever touched the ground and there were GREAT camera shots to show this. The ball was NOT forced out by the ground as Royal flat out DROPPED it on his own a good foot or two above the ground. So there is no "down by contact" or the "ground forced the fumble" here, and this was about the only thing the coaching staff got right.

3. The hit on TE was NOT dirty. I mean seriously? What a absurd post...go play flag football or powder puff if you think a defender making a great hit on a QB is dirty. He did not lead with his helmet and it was the ground that gave TE the concusion not the defender. We hit Warner just as hard and clean to split his chin open, and that was not an illegal hit either. I mean, quit with the whining, its embarrassing.

4. Our defensive play and offensive line play lost us this game. Out coaching staff was missing two key starters, but the lack of defensive adjustment, the over playing for the deep ball, and in ability to stop them on 3rd down are the only reasons we lost this game. If TE was in there, we would have still lost this game because last I checked, TE didnt play defense and McGee and Simpson were still out.

In conclusion, it was one game, we were bound to lose a game and will likely lose a couple more. We are a young team who is growing, so be happy we are still in first place in our division and get ready for week 6. And, ENOUGH of the JP hating, if you cant support your team (and all its players) then go be a Raider fan...

Looks like we have a troller

Looks like we have a troller

What the hell makes you say that? IMO, there wasn't anything in the post that was out of bounds or completely wrong. I can see where some people may consider the hit on Edwards as possibly dirty, but other than that I completely agree with everything as far as the analysis of the game goes. Good post.

Reality check for the newbie

1.) Every group of sports fans need their whipping boy ...... J.P. is ours ...... get over it.

2.) Agree that the call would not have been over turned ........ but that is after I've reviewed it numorous times from different angles in sloooooooooo - motion. In the heat of battle, when a snap judgement is called for, the correct action is to throw the challenge flag on a potential game turning play that was that close.

3.) Actually the hit was a cheap shot .... he drove the crown of his helmet into OUR starting QBs chin ..... now is it a cheap enough shot to cause a flag/fine/suspension? I don't think so. But it WAS a cheap enough shot for us fans who view the world through red/white/blue glasses to cry foul.

4.) Damn, I agree with this point ........ good job

In conclusion, you've got some good things to add to this board, but your condescending attitude makes you an asswipe.

Reality check for the newbie

1.) Every group of sports fans need their whipping boy ...... J.P. is ours ...... get over it.

2.) Agree that the call would not have been over turned ........ but that is after I've reviewed it numorous times from different angles in sloooooooooo - motion. In the heat of battle, when a snap judgement is called for, the correct action is to throw the challenge flag on a potential game turning play that was that close.

3.) Actually the hit was a cheap shot .... he drove the crown of his helmet into OUR starting QBs chin ..... now is it a cheap enough shot to case a flag/fine/suspension? I don't think so. But it WAS a cheap enough shot for us fans who view the world through red/white/blue glasses to cry foul.

4.) Damn, I agree with this point ........ good job

In conclusion, you've got some good things to add to this board, but your condescending attitude makes you an asswipe.

I agree, which is why I called this guy a troller. He does have some valid points, but I noticed he waited until we lost a game to start posting.

Very solid post in my eyes. This game sucked in every aspect last night I'll admit, but the sky is not falling. This is a game where I think they will take it and look back on it and defiately grow with. I hope they know what it is like to get their behinds kicked and make sure it never happens again.

I was watching the Missing Rings special Thursday and during that 1990 team they lost big to the Dolphins early on in the year. Marv took the starters out of the game to save them from more of an asskicking. Everyone was pissed that Marv did that. Talley went onto say that he and the rest of the guys made sure theyd never play like that again because they didnt want that to happen again. Thats how this team should take it. Yes, they got whipped yesterday, but it's a 16 game season. Learn and be ticked about what happen so it doesnt occur again. It can't all be glory.

What the hell makes you say that? IMO, there wasn't anything in the post that was out of bounds or completely wrong. I can see where some people may consider the hit on Edwards as possibly dirty, but other than that I completely agree with everything as far as the analysis of the game goes. Good post.

+2

Great post and its the exact truth. The Cards lost 2 games in a row on the road in embarrassing fashion. They were going to be ready for this game and in a huge way.

Our defense had a lone bright spot and that was Mitchell, the guy played great yesterday. He was aggressive and made his presence felt when ever possible. Good sign of things to come. We did play scared in the secondary and Whitner looked strait out confused on a few plays.

Another thing is Fitz is worth every penny they pay him. Big, physical, fast, guards the ball with his body from the defender.

If anything we learn from it and come out and play different football in week 7. That will be the true test of the team in the SD game.

So, by that logic, 3/4 of the people on this board are asswipes. Relax, this is what happens after a tough loss. Everyone has their reasons for it, some people go way overboard or are "wrong", and that sparks the "condescending" posts. The fact is that there were a lot of good points, the Raiders fan sh-- at the end could have been left out, but are we really that sensitive? C'mon.

Very solid post in my eyes. This game sucked in every aspect last night I'll admit, but the sky is not falling. This is a game where I think they will take it and look back on it and defiately grow with. I hope they know what it is like to get their behinds kicked and make sure it never happens again.

I was watching the Missing Rings special Thursday and during that 1990 team they lost big to the Dolphins early on in the year. Marv took the starters out of the game to save them from more of an asskicking. Everyone was pissed that Marv did that. Talley went onto say that he and the rest of the guys made sure theyd never play like that again because they didnt want that to happen again. Thats how this team should take it. Yes, they got whipped yesterday, but it's a 16 game season. Learn and be ticked about what happen so it doesnt occur again. It can't all be glory.

I watched that as well. It was good until the last play of Superbowl XXV.

I agree that this is a 16 game season, and all teams lay an egg or tow during the season. Let's hope our team, rebounds like the 1990 team.

+2

Great post and its the exact truth. The Cards lost 2 games in a row on the road in embarrassing fashion. They were going to be ready for this game and in a huge way.

Our defense had a lone bright spot and that was Mitchell, the guy played great yesterday. He was aggressive and made his presence felt when ever possible. Good sign of things to come. We did play scared in the secondary and Whitner looked strait out confused on a few plays.

Another thing is Fitz is worth every penny they pay him. Big, physical, fast, guards the ball with his body from the defender.

If anything we learn from it and come out and play different football in week 7. That will be the true test of the team in the SD game.

Exactly. And I'm glad you said something about Kawika's play, because after the game, he was just about the only player on our defense (Other than MAYBE Youboty who didn't play too bad at all IMO) who played a strong game. He was def. flying to the ball all over the field, and other then over-pursuing maybe once or twice a bit, he was very, very solid. Speaking of over-pursuing, what in God's name is Copeland Bryan doing on that third down run, I believe in the third quarter? One of the worst individual plays I've seen by a defensive end on a run play in a longgg time.

Exactly. And I'm glad you said something about Kawika's play, because after the game, he was just about the only player on our defense (Other than MAYBE Youboty who didn't play too bad at all IMO) who played a strong game. He was def. flying to the ball all over the field, and other then over-pursuing maybe once or twice a bit, he was very, very solid. Speaking of over-pursuing, what in God's name is Copeland Bryan doing on that third down run, I believe in the third quarter? One of the worst individual plays I've seen by a defensive end on a run play in a longgg time.

If I were Bryan i would be ashamed to pick up my game check. Like I said though. We will see the real character from Buffalo come week 7.

So, by that logic, 3/4 of the people on this board are asswipes. Relax, this is what happens after a tough loss. Everyone has their reasons for it, some people go way overboard or are "wrong", and that sparks the "condescending" posts. The fact is that there were a lot of good points, the Raiders fan sh-- at the end could have been left out, but are we really that sensitive? C'mon.

LOL...I didnt say anyone was an asswipe, that was someone else. I live in CA and have I am around a lot of Raider fans. Trust me, all they do is hate on each other...its sad, especially since most can not name 5 players on the team. My point was, JP is a Buffalo Bill, has not caused any problems in the locker room despite being upset over his benching last year, and has conducted himself in a very professional manner. Even when he plays ok, people still want to whip on him despite the loss had nothing to do with him.

Someone said I was a newbie...well, I come to these boards every day for a long time, rarely post, and I am just tired of the one billion JP vs TE threads. TE is our QB, and I support that and think if he can stay healthy he is going to be a really good QB. So get over it, he won the competition and is our guy, no questions asked. No need to belittle our back up QB who came in and did a good job for us. I cant think of another backup QB in the league that would have done any better nor would I rather have on my team.

He is a Bill and he should get our support until he is no longer a Bill.

I would rather see posts about the lousy adjustments, or lack of adjustments, to all the short routes we gave up. Or the lack of defensive pressure we put on Kurt...he is probably the most dangerous QB in the league, or at least top 3, when given time to throw. He is mistake prone when under pressure (fumbles like he was Dave Krieg and throws picks like he was Jim Everett throwing on his back foot) and we put little pressure dropping back to protect against the deep ball when they were missing one of their best players in Boldin.

:wallbash:

I agree with everything, the last paragraph he wrote is IMO facetious... but perhaps I too am a trolling asswipe. :censored:

I am as glad as I could be for losing this game, OF COURSE I'M NOT HAPPY about it, but I see it as a growing point for a team that was in danger of its helmets not fitting right due to inflated heads.

B.

LOL...I didnt say anyone was an asswipe, that was someone else. I live in CA and have I am around a lot of Raider fans. Trust me, all they do is hate on each other...its sad, especially since most can not name 5 players on the team. My point was, JP is a Buffalo Bill, has not caused any problems in the locker room despite being upset over his benching last year, and has conducted himself in a very professional manner. Even when he plays ok, people still want to whip on him despite the loss had nothing to do with him.

Someone said I was a newbie...well, I come to these boards every day for a long time, rarely post, and I am just tired of the one billion JP vs TE threads. TE is our QB, and I support that and think if he can stay healthy he is going to be a really good QB. So get over it, he won the competition and is our guy, no questions asked. No need to belittle our back up QB who came in and did a good job for us. I cant think of another backup QB in the league that would have done any better nor would I rather have on my team.

I would rather see posts about the lousy adjustments, or lack of adjustments, to all the short routes we gave up. Or the lack of defensive pressure we put on Kurt...he is probably the most dangerous QB in the league, or at least top 3, when given time to throw. He is mistake prone when under pressure (fumbles like he was Dave Krieg and throws picks like he was Jim Everett throwing on his back foot) and we put little pressure dropping back to protect against the deep ball when they were missing one of their best players in Boldin.

Dont sweat it man, unless you spend every waking hour posting drivel and reading every thread you will still be a newbie.

Good post!

I was responding to the post about your post being condescending and making you look like an asswipe. I was trying to say that if your post was simply condescending, that almost everyone on this board is just that, especially after a loss. I agree with almost everything you said, and was attempting to give you some support when you were being labeled a troll just because of some different opinions on the game.

I was responding to the post about your post being condescending and making you look like an asswipe. I was trying to say that if your post was simply condescending, that almost everyone on this board is just that, especially after a loss. I agree with almost everything you said, and was attempting to give you some support when you were being labeled a troll just because of some different opinions on the game.

lol...no problem, thanks for the support...I will say this, the coaching staff did a great job on adjusting all season, but really dropped the ball this week. But going on the greater book of work (the previous 4 games), I am confident they will take a lot away from this game and be ready to play vs. SD as they have shown great ability to adapt all year (except this week).

The one area though that has not looked good all year is the O-line...I am very concerned about our ability to keep TE healthy and just as concerned about our ability to run the ball. I have seen nothing that makes me feel better about the o-line other than Peters missed so much time and hope he can turn this around with the bye week in place.

Our bye week couldnt come at a better time for us to get healthy and get Peters hopefully back up to probowl form against SD, cause we are going to need it.

Learn what? That you can't play prevent defense for a whole game without getting your ass kicked? They did that in several games last year and the coaching staff appeared to learn nothing from the experience. I have no faith in our brain(locked) trust at this point.

lol...no problem, thanks for the support...I will say this, the coaching staff did a great job on adjusting all season, but really dropped the ball this week. But going on the greater book of work (the previous 4 games), I am confident they will take a lot away from this game and be ready to play vs. SD as they have shown great ability to adapt all year (except this week).

The one area though that has not looked good all year is the O-line...I am very concerned about our ability to keep TE healthy and just as concerned about our ability to run the ball. I have seen nothing that makes me feel better about the o-line other than Peters missed so much time and hope he can turn this around with the bye week in place.

Our bye week couldnt come at a better time for us to get healthy and get Peters hopefully back up to probowl form against SD, cause we are going to need it.

Right on. It is nice to know that San Diego won't have #56 coming off the edge, but it is still def. a concern. The line NEEDS to start opening up some holes for Marshawn as well. Almost everything he is getting he has to do on his own, and that needs to change ASAP.

Right on. It is nice to know that San Diego won't have #56 coming off the edge, but it is still def. a concern. The line NEEDS to start opening up some holes for Marshawn as well. Almost everything he is getting he has to do on his own, and that needs to change ASAP.

Yeah, I wont miss Merriman this week...lol. Seriously though, if we cant get better O-line play, we are going to struggle to win games. Jets, NE, and Mia are not going to be push overs as people like to think. Add those tough 6 games to the Den and SD games and our schedule doesnt look like such a cake walk as many have been thinking. We must run the ball to keep pressure off of Trent, and so far, we are neither keeping pressure off or running the ball.

The whole leauge knows to bring the house against us to beat us as we looked terrible when Oakland, JAX and St. Louis were penetrating and came back when they stopped.

If I am not mistaken, wasnt Dockery's specialty supposed to be run blocking? I mean, I just dont see it when he plays...