Reality check...to the fans on the board...

Alphadawg7

I got to tell youguys that this post is right on. I was actually at the game along with believe it or not about 25 thousand bills faithful. We got our azzes whipped thoroughly in every aspect of the game. J.P Losman showed us why he will never be anything but a back up. Our offensive line couldn't stop a pop warner pass rush and our defense who have made adjustments at halftime and corrected their mistakes had zero answer to the dink and dunk short underneath passing game. Warner could have eaten a sandwhich with the time he had in the pocket. We did not get in his face and Fewell had his young corners playing so far off the receivers it was ridiculous. We had a rookie and a young inexperienced veteran playing corner (youboty). When thats the case you should send backers and blitzes all day (of which they did hardly at all the whole game)and Make them beat you as opposed to letting them beat you on the pass. Thats one die hards perspective straight from the stands any way.

I got to tell youguys that this post is right on. I was actually at the game along with believe it or not about 25 thousand bills faithful. We got our azzes whipped thoroughly in every aspect of the game. J.P Losman showed us why he will never be anything but a back up. Our offensive line couldn't stop a pop warner pass rush and our defense who have made adjustments at halftime and corrected their mistakes had zero answer to the dink and dunk short underneath passing game. Warner could have eaten a sandwhich with the time he had in the pocket. We did not get in his face and Fewell had his young corners playing so far off the receivers it was ridiculous. We had a rookie and a young inexperienced veteran playing corner (youboty). When thats the case you should send backers and blitzes all day (of which they did hardly at all the whole game)and Make them beat you as opposed to letting them beat you on the pass. Thats one die hards perspective straight from the stands any way.

I agree with everything you said, except what you wrote about JP. I think JP may have just upped his interest for other teams. He made some mistakes sure, but he played pretty good and made a great play buying time in the pocket and showing off that arm on the bomb to Lee Evans. The mistakes are to be expected with a backup who has little reps with the first team offense. I think in the right system he has potential to be a good starter in this league.

Of course, I still prefer TE who I think has the qualities of Brady and Montana which are that intelligence, calm demeanor, and pocket presence that you just cant teach. Whether he blossoms into a top caliber like them still remains to be seen, but I think he has that kind of potential IF he can stay on the field and we get the kid some protection before he gets killed back there.

I agree with everything you said, except what you wrote about JP. I think JP may have just upped his interest for other teams. He made some mistakes sure, but he played pretty good and made a great play buying time in the pocket and showing off that arm on the bomb to Lee Evans. The mistakes are to be expected with a backup who has little reps with the first team offense. I think in the right system he has potential to be a good starter in this league.

Of course, I still prefer TE who I think has the qualities of Brady and Montana which are that intelligence, calm demeanor, and pocket presence that you just cant teach. Whether he blossoms into a top caliber like them still remains to be seen, but I think he has that kind of potential IF he can stay on the field and we get the kid some protection before he gets killed back there.

Agreed.