boldin out

Or at the people who follow the posts of others so closely to know such a thing

One does not have to follow crayonz closely to know that his complete oeuvre is a collection of utter inanity.

Not really. It won't hurt them in the division tiebreaker but it won't help them either. Let's say they end up tied with an 11-5 record. If they have a better head to head or division record then they are ok. If they have a worse record then they'll lose out. But if that record is tied the Bills will be screwed because they would have won all of their NFC games and therefore less AFC games.

Dude.

Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win this week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card or home field they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose this week.

whatttttt...if the patriots* have a record of 10-6 and we have a record of 11-5 are you trying to say that we'd lose because of the fact that we beat NFC teams? We wouldnt, as long as we win more games we are in a better position. By losing we get put into the situations of being concerned with tiebreakers. Why would a losing record ever fare better. Itd be one thing to say that we woudl RATHER lose a game to the NFC than a divisional opponent but saying that we want to lose so we can win a tie breaker makes no sense.

Not really. It won't hurt them in the division tiebreaker but it won't help them either. Let's say they end up tied with an 11-5 record. If they have a better head to head or division record then they are ok. If they have a worse record then they'll lose out. But if that record is tied the Bills will be screwed because they would have won all of their NFC games and therefore less AFC games.

I'm begining to think your not being sarcastic. Lets say they lose 2 of the 4 games that your predicting they will probably win against the NFC 11 and 5 would then become 9 and 7 and were watching the playoffs rooting for other teams.

Well then...I have to say that I'm proud of myself for not knowing his particular reputation on a message board.

Well, then also take pride in the fact that you couldn't figure out that a guy whose moniker is I EAT CRAYONS, and says that losing a game helps the team, was just maybe, not a serious post. Be proud, man, be proud!

I'm begining to think your not being sarcastic. Lets say they lose 2 of the 4 games that your predicting they will probably win against the NFC 11 and 5 would then become 9 and 7 and were watching the playoffs rooting for other teams.

I was replying to you with that post but you must have erased your original while I was typing. I thought you must have begun to understand so you erased it but I guess not. I think my explanation still holds.

Your logic doesn't make any sense because any record could result in a tie.

I was replying to you with that post but you must have erased your original while I was typing. I thought you must have begun to understand so you erased it but I guess not. I think my explanation still holds.

Your logic doesn't make any sense because any record could result in a tie.

Ok so lets say we win all of our division games and lose the rest of them are we gonna make the playoffs as an 6 and 10 team? Or maybe just possibly 4 added wins against the NFC makes us 10 and 6 and we win the division. I understand this logic might not make sense to you.

Ok so lets say we win all of our division games and lose the rest of them are we gonna make the playoffs as an 6 and 10 team? Or maybe just possibly 4 added wins against the NFC makes us 10 and 6 and we win the division. I understand this logic might not make sense to you.

Dude.

:lol::beer::blink:

Answer these questions:

1. Are there or are there not frequent ties for playoff spots?

2. If you are an AFC team in a tie would you rather have a 4-0 or a 2-2 record against NFC teams?

Get it now?

:wacko::wallbash::wallbash:

Dude.

:lol::beer::blink:

Answer these questions:

1. Are there or are there not frequent ties for playoff spots?

2. If you are an AFC team in a tie would you rather have a 4-0 or a 2-2 record against NFC teams?

Get it now?

:wacko::wallbash::wallbash:

DUDE here is your original post.

"As I mentioned in another thread, winning this game would hurt our tie breaker situation. I hadn't thought of it, but the Cardinals winning hurts their tie breaker position as well. That ought to make things interesting."

Maybe if you said if we are going to lose four games this year I hope they are against the NFC as this would put us in the best possible tiebreaker scenario we wouldnt even still be replying in this thread. You said winning a game would hurt our tiebreaker position this statement in itself could never be true losing a game never improves playoff position.

DUDE here is your original post.

"As I mentioned in another thread, winning this game would hurt our tie breaker situation. I hadn't thought of it, but the Cardinals winning hurts their tie breaker position as well. That ought to make things interesting."

Maybe if you said if we are going to lose four games this year I hope they are against the NFC as this would put us in the best possible tiebreaker scenario we wouldnt even still be replying in this thread. You said winning a game would hurt our tiebreaker position this statement in itself could never be true losing a game never improves playoff position.

Dude.

And in my second post I pointed out that:

It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

Piece it together.

Dude.

Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win this week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card or home field they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose this week.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Pretty obvious, when you really look at it.

(I can see fans from other boards pointing out this thread: "Take a look at some guy arguing with a guy named 'I Eat Crayons' about whether it is better for your team to win or lose. He is actually having an ongoing argument, even though the other people in the thread have pointed out that Crayons MO is to bait posters into stupid discussions. A fish this big, I haven't seen in such a long time.")