boldin out

Anquan Boldin underwent surgery to repair his sinus fracture and will miss this week's game. The Cardinals are hopeful he can play next Sunday.

A hockey player reportedly returned from the same surgery in 10 days, so it sounds like Boldin has a good chance to play against Dallas in Week 6. Boldin's history of bad breaks on injuries continue, but he's still slated for a huge season. Steve Breaston will start this week and makes for a fine WR3 play.

per arizona republic

also,

As for S Adrian Wilson (hamstring) and DE Bertrand Berry (groin), neither practiced Friday but Whisenhunt said both were improving and both will be listed as questionable. Wilson will be a game-day decision, Whisenhunt said. Tight end Leonard Pope (ankle) returned to practice and guard Elton Brown (elbow) looked OK too.

I'm hoping neither play, but at least one of those guys out would help us a lot. If boldin, berry, and wilson miss this game, we could see some big offensive numbers

update on Wilson from the AZRepublic.

Cardinals SS Adrian Wilson (hamstring) is not expected to be active in Week 5.

The Cardinals' pass defense is extremely worse off with Wilson out of the lineup, as evidenced by Brett Favre's six-touchdown effort in Week 4. Upgrade Trent Edwards' matchup. Aaron Francisco will start for Wilson.

awesome .. adrian wilson is one of, if not the best players on arizona's defense. he's a superb blitzer in addition to being a devastating run support guy... trent and marshawn must be thanking their lucky stars for this good news!

Unfortunately, the official report from the Cardinals is that Wilson is questionable and will be a gametime decision. Berry is doubtful, however. I REALLY hope WIlson is out. He hasn't practiced this week, so I would consider it unlikely, but you never know

Pretty dumb on the Cards' part for not shutting-down Boldin, Wilson, and Berry for this game. It's a non-conference game and these guys simply aren't 100%. They'd be healthier and thus more valuable against Dallas, a conference foe. But hey, if they want to play a less-than-100% Wilson, the Bills will be happy to make them pay for their mistake.

And Breaston become a lot less dangerous as the #2 WR, especially facing a much better defense. He's nowhere near the game-changer Boldin is.

Pretty dumb on the Cards' part for not shutting-down Boldin, Wilson, and Berry for this game. It's a non-conference game and these guys simply aren't 100%. They'd be healthier and thus more valuable against Dallas, a conference foe. But hey, if they want to play a less-than-100% Wilson, the Bills will be happy to make them pay for their mistake.

And Breaston become a lot less dangerous as the #2 WR, especially facing a much better defense. He's nowhere near the game-changer Boldin is.

As I mentioned in another thread, winning this game would hurt our tie breaker situation. I hadn't thought of it, but the Cardinals winning hurts their tie breaker position as well. That ought to make things interesting.

As I mentioned in another thread, winning this game would hurt our tie breaker situation. I hadn't thought of it, but the Cardinals winning hurts their tie breaker position as well. That ought to make things interesting.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Are you serious? It "hurts" the tie-breaker situation? Absolutely, astoundingly retarded post.

Are you serious? It "hurts" the tie-breaker situation? Absolutely, astoundingly retarded post.

Yeah I'm having a hard time imagining any scenario where winning a game hurts your standing in any aspect.

Dude.

Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win this week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card or home field they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose this week.