Trent's Armstrength

Virgil

I make jokes but there is nobody more ready and more determined to show everyone how good he can be then JP Losman.

JP Losman gives us that security blanket that very few teams have, we can go into the playoffs knowing no one person going down with injury will defeat us , not even at the QB position.

But you have to truly wonder if he is ready, or will he pull a Billy Joe Hobert? No one ever doubted JP's physical attributes as an athlete, but doubted his brains, motivation, and love of the game. He has been known for blowing off watching game film, being the first off the practice field, and not studying the playbook. What has changed now that would make him more motivated? Maybe his maturity. But, I would think being the actual starter is the greatest motivation to be your best - and he blew that. Now, on the bench, it would seem a lot easier to stare blankly at the clipboard and wonder what you are going to eat for dinner while you make your 6-digit paycheck.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you have to truly wonder if he is ready, or will he pull a Billy Joe Hobert? No one ever doubted JP's physical attributes as an athlete, but doubted his brains, motivation, and love of the game. He has been known for blowing off watching game film, being the first off the practice field, and not studying the playbook. What has changed now that would make him more motivated? Maybe his maturity. But, I would think being the actual starter is the greatest motivation to be your best - and he blew that. Now, on the bench, it would seem a lot easier to stare blankly at the clipboard and wonder what you are going to eat for dinner while you make your 6-digit paycheck.

EVERYTIME JP came off the bench to replace the starter, he WON the game. Trent & others have commented on how professionaly JP has handled the situation he is in.

It is certainly possible that JP will be a total bust, at the end of his NFL career. But, based on what he know right now, I doubt he will pull a BJ Hobert. By all accounts, JP works real hard, and takes his job seriously. I think Hobert is the guy who didn't bother to study the playbook.

If JP fails it could be due to any number of circumstances (including he simply isn't good enough or smart enough to play in the NFL). But, I doubt he fails because he doesn't try his best to succeed.

Guest dog14787
I make jokes but there is nobody more ready and more determined to show everyone how good he can be then JP Losman.

JP Losman gives us that security blanket that very few teams have, we can go into the playoffs knowing no one person going down with injury will defeat us , not even at the QB position.

Am I saying JP's as good as TE, no I'm not, now Tom Brady's out nobody is better than our young TE in my opinion.

I'm saying with this Bills defense and Turk Shonert as OC giving him the right plays on offense, JP Losman wins ball games.

Sometimes though, its just not in the Cards. :thumbsup: