Hamden Article (on front page)

webtoe

I thought the similarities of this team compared to the foundation of the early 90's teams are really striking. Obviously the have that accomplished anything yet, but it does provide for some nostalgia.

Kelly -> Edwards

Reich -> Hamden (perhaps not in talent, but definitely in attitude)

Thomas -> Lynch

Davis -> Jackson

Evans -> Reed

Wilford -> Peters

Conlan -> Poz

Talley -> Mitchell

Odomes & Willams -> McGee & Greer

Postions that are better now:

Whitner > Smith

Simpson > Kelso

Moorman > Mohr

Lindell > Norwood

Kelsay > Seals

Stroud > Wright

Key spots that still need to be filled:

Hull, Bennet, Lofton, Metzellars, Bruce

Loften could be on the team now with Hardy...Bruce I think is going to be very difficult to find...Ive been waiting for Buffalo to get its next Metzellars for years now...some reason all the coaches weve had seem to hate tight ends and never go for a good one...we might be searching for a few of those this next draft..watching this team sofar id say we need to draft DE, LB, TE, C

In my opinion the missing player compared to SuperBills was Kent Hull.

Of and they have not a Special Teams player as Hall of Fame worthy Steve Tasker although Wending is becoming very good.

Agreed. IT all starts with the fellow in the center of the line. That is our weakest link on the OL.

Brian Moorman is raising to the level of STeve Tasker on game day. Brian, with his punting has given us great field position and having him throw surprise passes during FG or Punting time is awesome.

I dunno what Simpson has done to be better than Mark Kelso, but Kelso was an amazing ballhawk safety for several years for Buffalo.

I don't think any of the current players have done anything yet.

My point was that Simpson is clearly a better tackler and has potential to be better than Kelso overall.