OT and Hilarious: Ashlee Simpson

SilverNRed

Want to see a bigger trainwreck than the 2004 Buffalo Bills? Check out Ashlee Simpson on SNL last night.....

Read the article first:

In the Key of Fake

The pop star, younger sister of singer and TV star Jessica Simpson, sounded great belting out "Pieces of Me" in her first segment on the show. It was the same song that she butchered at August's MTV Music Video Awards, drawing withering reviews for a flat, out of key performance.

But the triumphant moment turned into a debacle when she came out to debut the song "Autobiography" for a second set. But whoever was responsible for piping in a studio-engineered rendition for Simpson to mouth screwed up, playing "Pieces" once again.

Then check out the video:

"What the....?"

So apparently having no talent eventually does catch up with you.

Here's a post from her official website community forum:

here's the word from a friend of mine who was at the show, and got it straight from the director, beth mccarthy, who she was a guest of:

ashlee can't sing. she tried all day friday, but was whining to her voice coach. they decided to leave her mike on so she could sing along to the track, but after the first line or two of the first song, turned her off cause she was awful.

so, as of the first song, all the mikes were off.

now, they had the wrong song queued up for the second song, obviously. it really was the drummer's fault. apparently he was supposed to signal something or start in with some beat, and the one he did was for the first song. because he !@#$ed up, the guy doing the tape hurried up and put the first song on, because that was what the drummer had signalled. when this got all !@#$ed up, they did two things:

1. turned on all the mikes so the band could take over and start the real song. which they didn't. have no idea why.

2. turned off the tape so the band could play the real song.

they were going to turn on ashlee's mike so she could sing the real song, but decided not to because the band was just playing the first song. the guys were smiling cause they were simply thinking "what a !@#$ing cluster!@#$".

beth mccarthy was also the director of the superbowl halftime show last year, so she's no stranger to ... malfunctions.

You can definitely see the band smiling in that longer version I just posted. You almost wonder if they could care less about what happened to her because she's such a whiney brat.

My favorite part, other than blaming the band at the end of the show, was her trying to dance (I guess that's what it was) when all hell was breaking loose because she had no idea what else to do.