TiTans better than Bills??????

Poeticlaw

Yes. Panthers in 1996 and Giants in 2000 (thanks to the Giants intercepting the Vikes' transmissions) respectively.

I know that was a long time ago but he is a pretty solid quarterback and they are definitely a more stable team with him in there.

11.5 ppg allowed, 8 interceptions, 8 fumbles forced/4 taken away for the flaming thumbtacks...

our defense is improved, but i don't think we're in tennessee's echelon yet.

Actually, they are the 5th ranked D as of the end of this week and we are seventh. We are also a top five defense in a number of statistical categories. They have a freakishly high number of INTs, but other than that they are not much better than we are. We have five fumble recoveries to their four. We are only allowing 15.8 points per game, which is good for fifth lowest in the league. We have held opponents to a 10 of 52 third down conversion rate, good for 19.2% which is either best or second best in the league. Our D is in the same echelon as the Titans, we just don't get the same respect and coverage that they do. A Buffalo-Tennessee AFC Championship game would be close and exciting, and hopefully it will happen. I want some revenge for the Music City Pile of Sh-t!!

The Titans defense is superior to ours, and every other team's, IMO. I think they have the best DT (Haynesworth), the best LB (Bulluck) and the best CB (Cortland Finnegan) in the game. They can kill you on all levels of defense, and people tend to forget that D is half the game, which explains why Dallas, San Diego, and Denver seem to be the sexy Superbowl picks right now.

The Titans defense is superior to ours, and every other team's, IMO. I think they have the best DT (Haynesworth), the best LB (Bulluck) and the best CB (Cortland Finnegan) in the game. They can kill you on all levels of defense, and people tend to forget that D is half the game, which explains why Dallas, San Diego, and Denver seem to be the sexy Superbowl picks right now.

Haynesworth is top notch.

I would take Cromartie or Asomugha over Finnegan and I think we have a superior secondary to the Titans.

Bullock best LB in the NFL? Is that because he is from Syracuse? Ware, Briggs, Urlacher, Peterson, Merriman come to mind right away.

I like the Titans D and all but think you are overstating how good they are

I mentioned this in another thread. The Titans opponents so far are no better than the Bills' opponents, and the Bills played the Jags in Jax in oppressive conditions. I agree that the greater love for them is based on rep, but is Kerry Collins the guy you want leading your offense for the long-term?

No... and neither is Vince Young IMHO. Ultimately I think that's going to be the undoing of the Titans. They had a physical defense last year as well and played inspired football but it was the QB position that let them down to a large degree. As long as #5 stays healthy we'll have a very important edge at that all important position.

Haynesworth is top notch.

I would take Cromartie or Asomugha over Finnegan and I think we have a superior secondary to the Titans.

Bullock best LB in the NFL? Is that because he is from Syracuse? Ware, Briggs, Urlacher, Peterson, Merriman come to mind right away.

I like the Titans D and all but think you are overstating how good they are

Bulluck so far has just 16 tackles, so it might be a bit of a down year so far, but if you look at the past few years he has been rather underrated and incredibly good. (I think the qualities of a linebacker are difficult to quantify with statistics) And you may have a point with Asomugha, but metrics point to Cromartie actually not being that good when you take away the interceptions. He allows much higher than the league average in terms of yards given up on balls thrown toward his receiver. Perhaps one reason he gets so many INT's is that offensive coordinators like to pick on him in the passing game. I mean, do you remember just how awful he was trying to contain

Brandon Marshall in week 2? If Cromartie's a top flight CB, he should be able to hold a top flight WR in check more than that. Just a thought. Finnegan, on the other hand, is an incredible coverage corner on top of the INTs he's been getting this season.