Ouch - now what?

blzrul

Wow, did you READ the intro? Let me paste it for you:

Unfortunately, this election does not offer traditional conservatives an easy or natural choice and has left our editors as split as our readership. In an effort to deepen our readers’ and our own understanding of the options before us, we’ve asked several of our editors and contributors to make “the conservative case” for their favored candidate. Their pieces, plus Taki’s column closing out this issue, constitute TAC’s endorsement. —The Editors

Basically they are taking EVERY candidate and making the CONSERVATIVE CASE for them. Here they are making the CONSERVITIVE CASE for kerry. Notice the links to "Old Right Nader" , "Constitutionally Correct Peroutka", "Libertarian Resistence" Don't try to twist this...its obvious to anyone who looks at it what is going on here.

Bush doesn't contradict and abandon historically conservative principles, he just modifies outdated ones to form a beautiful, new hybrid of conservatism that everyone can enjoy. Its kind of like the tenth Friday the 13th where Jason gets a genetic upgrade... in space. Its not different, its just better.

Consider some outdated silly conservative values like "states' rights" or "non-interventionism" or "fiscal restraint." Talk about out of style.

For example, check out Iraq. Normally conservatives would be all like "oh gross, nation building is for stupid-heads" or "oh gross, being the world police is for lamoids" but Bush was like "whatever" and adopted Iraq as the 51st state. Nation building used to be lame but now its cool. That's not a contradiction, that's a modification.

Same can be said for states' rights. States' rights are so 20th century. When the state of Oregon passed legislation to approve assisted suicide, John Ashcroft stepped in and was like "sike idiots, you can't do that." So Oregon held a statewide vote and it passed again but did that stop John Aschroft? Heck no! States are like small, stupid children that need a strong, overbearing Russian mother to keep them in line by stripping all autonomy. Luckily God appointed John Ashcroft attorney general.

But the best reason states' rights suck is because some states actually treat gays like equal citizens. Friggin' liberal activist judges. If we allow gays to marry in one state, it will spread like a cancer and undo the very fabric that holds society together. Antonin Scalia put it best with his slippery slope argument. If gays marry, then husbands will divorce wives, wives will fornicate with animals, and children will smoke cigarettes.

As for the budget deficit, who cares. Spending money is fun. Liberals are so poor and cheap, they have no idea what its like to spend a lot of money, that's the only reason they're mad at the president for being a big spender. They're jealous.

I'm not trying to twist anything.  In several ways the Administration's policies stray very far from conservative, which a true conservative recognizes.

83481[/snapback]

And yet you and the other members of the Fraternal Order Of LiberalS have been parading around here for the last 4.25 years whining about him being a radikal religious righty.

Amazing.

You want Ouch? How bout this for ouch......Kerry's pollster pen pal, left leaning Zogby just took a crap on him.

Floriduh: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 49, Kerry 46

Ohio: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 47, Kerry 42

Pennsyltucky: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 45, Kerry 47

Wisconsin: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 48, Kerry 45

Iowa: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 47, Kerry 45

Minnehaha: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 45, Kerry 46

Michigan: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 42, Kerry 52

New Mexico: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 49, Kerry 44

Nevada: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 48, Kerry 44

Colorado: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 45, Kerry 49

Maine: 10/21 - 10/22 Bush 39, Kerry 50

Other polls:

Hawaii

SMS Research: Bush 46, Kerry 45

Honolulu Advertiser: Bush 43.3, Kerry 42.6

I don't think Kerry is going to like the polls his boy Zogby just produced. Especially the numbers in Ohio.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
You want Ouch?  How bout this for ouch......Kerry's pollster pen pal, left leaning Zogby just took a crap on him.

Floriduh: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 49, Kerry 46

Ohio: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 47, Kerry 42

Pennsyltucky: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 45, Kerry 47

Wisconsin: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 48, Kerry 45

Iowa: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 47, Kerry 45

Minnehaha: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 45, Kerry 46

Michigan: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 42, Kerry 52

New Mexico: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 49, Kerry 44

Nevada: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 48, Kerry 44

Colorado: 10/21 - 10/24 Bush 45, Kerry 49

Maine: 10/21 - 10/22 Bush 39, Kerry 50

Other polls:

Hawaii

SMS Research: Bush 46, Kerry 45

Honolulu Advertiser: Bush 43.3, Kerry 42.6

I don't think Kerry is going to like the polls his boy Zogby just produced. Especially the numbers in Ohio.

83941[/snapback]

Those Ohio numbers are wrong... Kerry will win Ohio. Mark it down!!!!

Never underestimate the angry voter... these polls ALL are worthless now, no matter WHO they say will win..

Those Ohio numbers are wrong... Kerry will win Ohio. Mark it down!!!!

Never underestimate the angry voter... these polls ALL are worthless now, no matter WHO they say will win..

83949[/snapback]

You're right, they are wrong, but not in the way you think they are wrong. Zogby is as far left a pollster as their is.....considered among the mainstream type pollsters.

If Kerry can only reach a 42 in Ohio, in a Zogby poll of all things......Kerry's f****d.

:doh:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
You're right, they are wrong, but not in the way you think they are wrong.  Zogby is as far left a pollster as their is.....considered among the mainstream type pollsters.

If Kerry can only reach a 42 in Ohio, in a Zogby poll of all things......Kerry's f****d.

:doh:

83971[/snapback]

The Ohio numbers will be up in the air no matter who does the poll...

I'll wait until Nov 2nd... and hope... and hope...

You know whats funny?  This "conservative mag" says something she wants to hear so she uses it as gospel truth but if it had said anything disputing her position she'd just say its a conservative mag and invalidate it as a source.

83650[/snapback]

Mr. Kettle, thou art black.

The right pretty much invented the tactic of ignoring anything in the press that counters their view on an issue by simply attacking the source with the "liberal media" canard. You're doing it right now. Rather than discuss the essay she cited on the merits, you attack her.

Bush doesn't contradict and abandon historically conservative principles, he just modifies outdated ones to form a beautiful, new hybrid of conservatism that everyone can enjoy.  Its kind of like the tenth Friday the 13th where Jason gets a genetic upgrade... in space.  Its not different, its just better.

Consider some outdated silly conservative values like "states' rights" or "non-interventionism" or "fiscal restraint."  Talk about out of style.

For example, check out Iraq.  Normally conservatives would be all like "oh gross, nation building is for stupid-heads" or "oh gross, being the world police is for lamoids" but Bush was like "whatever" and adopted Iraq as the 51st state.  Nation building used to be lame but now its cool.  That's not a contradiction, that's a modification.

Same can be said for states' rights.  States' rights are so 20th century.  When the state of Oregon passed legislation to approve assisted suicide, John Ashcroft stepped in and was like "sike idiots, you can't do that."  So Oregon held a statewide vote and it passed again but did that stop John Aschroft?  Heck no!  States are like small, stupid children that need a strong, overbearing Russian mother to keep them in line by stripping all autonomy.  Luckily God appointed John Ashcroft attorney general.

But the best reason states' rights suck is because some states actually treat gays like equal citizens.  Friggin' liberal activist judges.  If we allow gays to marry in one state, it will spread like a cancer and undo the very fabric that holds society together.  Antonin Scalia put it best with his slippery slope argument.  If gays marry, then husbands will divorce wives, wives will fornicate with animals, and children will smoke cigarettes. 

As for the budget deficit, who cares.  Spending money is fun.  Liberals are so poor and cheap, they have no idea what its like to spend a lot of money, that's the only reason they're mad at the president for being a big spender.  They're jealous.

83903[/snapback]

I think George W. might've gone so far to the right that he looped back and is now at the fringe left. This man is no traditional conservative. I'm voting for Kerry b/c it might force the GOP to get back to reality instead of this sideshow.

I think George W. might've gone so far to the right that he looped back and is now at the fringe left. This man is no traditional conservative. I'm voting for Kerry b/c it might force the GOP to get back to reality instead of this sideshow.

84028[/snapback]

Genius, I say! You vote for a liberal ion the hopes of promoting consevatism! BRILLIANT!

Thank god you live in Ct! While I agree W is not your typical conservative and I disagree with him on MANY issues, a vote for a conservative candidate (Lib. party) would go further to show your point. Also, voting for kerry because bush is not conservative enough is a JOKE. Even a moderate bush is better for the country. There could be up to FOUR supreme court vacancies in the next 4 years. Help us all if kerry puts 4 more ginsbergs on there. On my 2 major issues (terrorism and courts), bush wins hands down. Now if only we could get him to stop spending like a drunken sailor in the phillipines....

I'm not trying to twist anything.  In several ways the Administration's policies stray very far from conservative, which a true conservative recognizes.

83481[/snapback]

I thought you said there was no need for you to comment. You broke that promise after 1 post.

Thank god you live in Ct!  While I agree W is not your typical conservative and I disagree with him on MANY issues, a vote for a conservative candidate (Lib. party) would go further to show your point.  Also, voting for kerry because bush is not conservative enough is a JOKE.  Even a moderate bush is better for the country.  There could be up to FOUR supreme court vacancies in the next 4 years.  Help us all if kerry puts 4 more ginsbergs on there.  On my 2 major issues (terrorism and courts), bush wins hands down.  Now if only we could get him to stop spending like a drunken sailor in the phillipines....

84142[/snapback]

Even a moderate Bush is better for the country? DUH. That's the point I was trying to make in that he is not a traditional conservative. And he never will be. We need a moderate Republican. I find Kerry to be the better choice as a caretaker president who will not be such a divider; division is when things go wrong. With all due respect, when intelligence gets its house cleaned, the military will do as it does and make proper recommendations that will be followed; I'll feel a lot better w/ Clark as Sec't of Defense, a man who has actually won a war. We will stay on the offense, but we also cannot ignore the defense and ability to prevent or respond more effectively to an attack. This is the same deal with the Bills; devote most of your attention to one area, and the other neglected area will lose the game for you. I'm not averse to federal spending if! it! makes! sense! in the big picture. I can't fathom tax cuts when the country is this much in the hole. It's a war! It requires sacrifice to pay for it! You can't have it both ways.

And as far as the courts, take a look at who nominated justices and then what their rulings were. You'd be pretty surprised by a lot of them, both sides, and this is shown thru the history of the court. Judges that are nominated usually are hard to peg and you cannot gauge how they'll rule after they're appointed.

You're right, they are wrong, but not in the way you think they are wrong.  Zogby is as far left a pollster as their is.....considered among the mainstream type pollsters.

:D

83971[/snapback]

That's a bunch of horse hockey and you know it. Zogby ids the only one that correctly picked Mr. Bush in 2000. :angry: