Would Marv Return as GM of the Bills?

Marv built most of the current nucleus, but you need to build more than one nucleus in order to remain a perennial contender. You need a constant influx of talent. I don't think Russ Brandon will be a bad GM for the Bills, at least not Donahoe bad, but I'm more confident in Marv's GM abilities at this point. Can't Ralph Wilson convince him to sign another contract as GM of the Buffalo Bills? I would have loved to see where Marv was going with this team under his guide.

Anyways, does anyone see Marv possibly returning as GM of the Bills?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv built most of the current nucleus, but you need to just build more than one nucleus in order to remain a perennial contender. You need a constant influx of talent. I don't think Russ Brandon will be a bad GM for the Bills, at least not Donahoe bad, but I'm more confident in Marv's GM abilities at this point. Can't Ralph Wilson convince him to sign another contract as GM of the Buffalo Bills? I would have loved to see where Marv was going with this team under his guide.

NO and WHY?? Do you think that the additions and moves this year have been a problem???

NO and WHY?? Do you think that the additions and moves this year have been a problem???

No, I thought the additions made in the draft and FA this year were significant upgrades. I'm not saying Russ Brandon is a bad GM, but after seeing what Marv has rebuilt in Buffalo, I would of liked to see him get an extension on his contract. I'm sure Marv would of taken it. Then again Ralph Wilson doesn't like good GMs all that much. He did throw out Bill Polian after all.

No, I thought the additions made in the draft and FA this year were significant upgrades. I'm not saying Russ Brandon is a bad GM, but after seeing what Marv has rebuilt in Buffalo, I would of liked to see him get an extension on his contract. I'm sure Marv would of taken it. Then again Ralph Wilson doesn't like good GMs all that much. He did throw out Bill Polian after all.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Marv did not want to be GM. That's why he left. Modrak does the college scouting and has a big say in who we draft, even when Marv was here.

Brilliant 1st couple of posts. & with your new membership we add another piece of the moron puzzle known as Two Bills Drive.

You're wrong. It was Marv's decision to walk away.

Marv built most of the current nucleus, but you need to build more than one nucleus in order to remain a perennial contender. You need a constant influx of talent. I don't think Russ Brandon will be a bad GM for the Bills, at least not Donahoe bad, but I'm more confident in Marv's GM abilities at this point. Can't Ralph Wilson convince him to sign another contract as GM of the Buffalo Bills? I would have loved to see where Marv was going with this team under his guide.

Im fairly new myself but Im thinking about perhaps finding another site if this is the kind of nonsense that I have to be subjected to.

I would of at least given him an offer if I was Ralph Wilson, and let him sit on it. Ralph didn't do anything.

These guys have been friends for more years than you've likely been alive. How do you know what conversations took place between Ralph and Marv? Marv did what he was hired to do; turn around a storied franchise and get it into a position to be a winner. Mission accomplished...

I would of at least given him an offer if I was Ralph Wilson, and let him sit on it. Ralph didn't do anything.

Let me try this again: IT WAS MARV'S DECISION TO LEAVE. He didn't need a fatter contract, and at 82, he didn't need any more of the long hours required of the position, or the office work he didn't enjoy.

He's 82, and he's back home in Chicago writing a novel, something he's always wanted to do.