Would Marv Return as GM of the Bills?

Marv built most of the current nucleus, but you need to build more than one nucleus in order to remain a perennial contender. You need a constant influx of talent. I don't think Russ Brandon will be a bad GM for the Bills, at least not Donahoe bad, but I'm more confident in Marv's GM abilities at this point. Can't Ralph Wilson convince him to sign another contract as GM of the Buffalo Bills? I would have loved to see where Marv was going with this team under his guide.

Anyways, does anyone see Marv possibly returning as GM of the Bills?

No, I don't. Why did he leave in the 1st place? Prolly to get some rest and enjoy life.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
No thinly-veiled secret that I'm a huge Marv fan, but I'm glad things turned out how they did - Marv 'righted the ship' and left us in great hands, better-off than when he got here.

I had a brief chance to meet and exchange a few words with 'The Marv-elous One' at last year's preseason game against Atlanta and agree completely - the wit, the firm voice, it's all still there, but he looked old and tired. Not 'Van Miller-old & tired' (he didn't repeat the same jokes over and over again), but was definitely showing some weakness in his walk.

He did crack a few of us up when he walked into a full press box bathroom and said, in that big booming voice, "Well, here we go again..." - referring to the beginning of another long season, I'm sure, but the double entendre was also obvious.

GO MARV!!!!

May he and Ralph be around to see the rebuilding they started lead to at least five Superbowl rings!

I'll second that and God willing, may we all.