No huddle?

SouthernMan

Remember when Ted Marchibroda discovered that the Bills' offense operated better at a faster pace? This happened when he witnessed how efficient Kelly & Co. were in the 2 minute offense. I think this fit well with Kelly's instinctive, not-so-patient temperment.

After seeing Edwards & Co. do the same playing catchup these last couple of weeks, I wonder if the coaching staff will consider utililizing this tactic as a change of pace tool. Edwards, like Kelly, seems to run better at a faster pace. Edwards numbers for the 4th qtr were through the roof. I'd love to see them come out with the no huddle in St Louis and see if they can can grab a quick lead, then, slow it down and eat clock with the run game.

If it suceeded, it could also take the crowd out it and force Green to throw. What better place to try it than in a dome where Edward's pinpoint passes could cripple the opposition.

Thoughts?

Remember when Ted Marchibroda discovered that the Bills' offense operated better at a faster pace? This happened when he witnessed how efficient Kelly & Co. were in the 2 minute offense. I think this fit well with Kelly's instinctive, not-so-patient temperment.

After seeing Edwards & Co. do the same playing catchup these last couple of weeks, I wonder if the coaching staff will consider utililizing this tactic as a change of pace tool. Edwards, like Kelly, seems to run better at a faster pace. Edwards numbers for the 4th qtr were through the roof. I'd love to see them come out with the no huddle in St Louis and see if they can can grab a quick lead, then, slow it down and eat clock with the run game.

If it suceeded, it could also take the crowd out it and force Green to throw. What better place to try it than in a dome where Edward's pinpoint passes could cripple the opposition.

Thoughts?

I thought the same thing as the Bills mounted the comeback..

Only drawback is if it doesnt work you get a lot of three and outs..

Seems like the TURK likes to keep the opposition guessing so I wouldn't put it past him to

mix it up as you suggest.

I thought the same thing as the Bills mounted the comeback..

Only drawback is if it doesnt work you get a lot of three and outs..

Seems like the TURK likes to keep the opposition guessing so I wouldn't put it past him to

mix it up as you suggest.

Use it sparingly and mix it in as a surprise attack.

Thoughts?

the Bills did not run the no huddle in the 4th against Jax, did you even watch the game

they used it successfully when they needed it, lets leave it at that...I prefer the offense they were running in Jax for the most part, ball control keep the clock moving offense with the occassional big play

time of possession and solid defense is as good a formula as there is to winning in the NFL

the Bills did not run the no huddle in the 4th against Jax, did you even watch the game

they used it successfully when they needed it, lets leave it at that...I prefer the offense they were running in Jax for the most part, ball control keep the clock moving offense with the occassional big play

time of possession and solid defense is as good a formula as there is to winning in the NFL

Yer right, I didn't watch it. I dreamed the whole game the night before so I wouldn't have to waste a Sunday afternoon. Fortunately, I TiVo'd the dream and skipped all the parts where I was flying or couldn't scream. :nana:

Anyway, all I was suggesting was that perhaps Edwards' style is better suited to a faster pace, rather than taking their good old time in the huddle and shuffling up to the line. I always thought Kelly's natural rhythm fit a faster pace and I think Edwards may fit the same mold.

I wouldn't mind seeing something more of a fast break type of offense - not necessarily no-huddle, but faster.

Guest dog14787

Thoughts?

My bro and I discussed the same thing and I think its a great idea,

I Billieve it disrupts the defense and I also billieve TE may have more success then Jim Kelly did simply because TE 's younger, in better shape and eats the short, high percentage stuff up. You can still sustain a long drive and wear down the opposing defense with proper clock management.

TE is smart and could run the no huddle well in my opinion :nana:

Yer right, I didn't watch it. I dreamed the whole game the night before so I wouldn't have to waste a Sunday afternoon. Fortunately, I TiVo'd the dream and skipped all the parts where I was flying or couldn't scream. :nana:

Anyway, all I was suggesting was that perhaps Edwards' style is better suited to a faster pace, rather than taking their good old time in the huddle and shuffling up to the line. I always thought Kelly's natural rhythm fit a faster pace and I think Edwards may fit the same mold.

I wouldn't mind seeing something more of a fast break type of offense - not necessarily no-huddle, but faster.

Edwards style worked pretty well the first two games without the no huddle didnt it?

Our offense now doesn't care about time of possession, they just happen to have a quarterback who excels in the short/intermediate passing game, so thats what they utilize. Its all about scoring points. What coach would worry about whether or not they win the time of possession stat?

Excellent retort! There's just no civil reason for comments like he made. :D Many Bills fans are thinking along this line. The Raider D was winded and caused Kifin to let the Bills try a long FG at games end. However, the old K-Gun WAS often the teams' worst enemy and our D back then routinely ranked low because of the time they had to spend on the field.

That we have the players to play the scheme, we should -with discretion.

Were you naked when flying, or wearin' skivies? :worthy:

Edwards style worked pretty well the first two games without the no huddle didnt it?

Actually there were huge gaps where the offense was sputtering and doing nothing. Anyone remember the first quarter vs. Seattle? How about almost nothing after the opening drive 'til the fourth quarter vs. Jacksonville. How about 7 points (on a 23 yard drive) vs. a bad Oakland team 'til the 4th quarter.

Very excited about the team, but they are not perfect yet....

Edwards himself said they switched into a more attacking offense in the 4th quarter during the Raiders game. Going to a no-huddle would switch to that offense before the game even begins. It is a great idea!

The problem is (and was) that the no-huddle puts a lot of stress on the defense. If the opposing team has a 15 play drive and score, kick off and we go 3 and out in 20 seconds... that is VERY ROUGH on our defense. Jauron is a ball control coach too...

A happy medium needs to be found where the offense is more "attacking" as TE said, but still eat clock to save our defense.

If I was coach... I would try hurry up offense at the beginning of the game and see what happens from there.

Edwards himself said they switched into a more attacking offense in the 4th quarter during the Raiders game. Going to a no-huddle would switch to that offense before the game even begins. It is a great idea!

The problem is (and was) that the no-huddle puts a lot of stress on the defense. If the opposing team has a 15 play drive and score, kick off and we go 3 and out in 20 seconds... that is VERY ROUGH on our defense. Jauron is a ball control coach too...

A happy medium needs to be found where the offense is more "attacking" as TE said, but still eat clock to save our defense.

If I was coach... I would try hurry up offense at the beginning of the game and see what happens from there.

Whatever that attacking style is......thats what I want. You use what works and they found something in the forth quarter there. I'm pretty sure they will be putting up some good numbers with Turk calling the shots.....seems to know how to get things done.

Guest dog14787
I like things the way they are. I don't forsee the second coming of the K-Gun. It's just good to know and comforting that Trent can operate that Offense very well.

"The way we are now" is with an OC that is smart enough and creative enough to try anything he thinks will work. The way we are now is going to be evolving week to week, opponent by opponent, gameday, by gameday.

Turk Shonert will make play calling decisions based on film study, merit and having the proper personnel to carry out the play, the way it should be. :lol:

So don't be surprised if you see the no huddle used as soon as TE becomes comfortable enough with the offense.

If Shonert billieves it will help keep our QB from getting pummeled , or help our team win, he's going to use it B-)