So what is Reed becoming a punching bag?

BillsWatch

In all three games DBs or LBs have taken to punching him in the face. In game 1 he traded punches after wards and no penalty was called. In game 2 he basically walked away. In game 3 (which I did not see) he is punched and DB is thrown out of the game.

Reed is a very physical blocker but these punches seem out of character for so many players in a short period.

Besides the fact Josh does a whole lot of trash talking out there. He is backing it up right now with solid play and good blocking. Its nice to have someone who isn't afraid to step up and take one on the chin for the team. Go Josh.....

Reed is a physical blocker. He finishes plays. A lot of guys don't like the same dude in their grill on every single play, banging to the whistle. On top of that, Reed likes to get into it and run his mouth a bit. But there's a reason it's always him getting the "extracurriculars," because he's bringing the noise. Focus on him for a few plays if you go to a game, it's great.

There was an article in the Buffalo News last weekend about Josh's blocking skills. He said that him and Evans love to block, and Evans joked that they spend more time in practice on blocking than running routes. Josh said in the article that he knows if he crosses the middle and isn't looking, a DB won't hesitate to take his head off. So he feels that if he gets physical first, it will throw the DB off/make him angry/take him off his game and will work to his advantage. It has obviously worked the past three weeks.

I have honestly never heard this type of attitude displayed by a WR. A guy that wants to block? No way. What a thought.

Reed is a physical blocker. He finishes plays. A lot of guys don't like the same dude in their grill on every single play, banging to the whistle. On top of that, Reed likes to get into it and run his mouth a bit. But there's a reason it's always him getting the "extracurriculars," because he's bringing the noise. Focus on him for a few plays if you go to a game, it's great.

I was at the game. I thought he was going to trade punches with DeAngelo Hall. They both were really chirping at each other. It was like watching Rob Ray vs. Tie Domi.

Reed is one of my favorite players on the team, because he CARES and brings it each week. He knows he's not a "premiere" receiver and approaches his other responsibilities -- particularly blocking -- with incredible zeal. Add to that he has been as reliable a catcher-of-the-ball as the Bills have had over the past four seasons.

His actions to rile opposing DBs conjure the image of a gnat with a sledgehammer.

I was at the opener and he took down one of the Seahawks LBs on a running play. The guy must have outweighed him by 50 pounds and when he got up he was looking at Reed like he was crazy to get mixed up with him. Next play Reed blocked him again.

I guess it is hard to take the RB out of the WR even when the WR was converted from a RB 9 years ago.

Guest dog14787
I was guilty of overrating Reed coming out of college. I figured he'd be the next Hines Ward, and while he probably won't ever put up Ward receiving numbers. He plays his role well, and has a place on the team. No qualms about it. He contributes, and is a hell of a blocker.

Reed is as tough as nails,

Most of the Elite WR's in the NFL have an Elite QB throwing them the ball along with a talented and creative OC to make it all come together.

Funny how that works :D

I billieve the Buffalo Bills are so loaded with Talent we are capable of anything :nana:

The game I remember most regarding Reed is that game in New England where everyone appeared to give up but he took the ball bouncing off LBs and CBs like a RB for 20 to 30 yards into the endzone. People (talking heads) were talking after game like that run/pass was impossible and Ronnie Lott in particular was giving him big kidos as a tough bastard.