We NEED a veteran WR

Dwight Drane

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no fun to be looking for faults at 3-0. There is one thing the team should invest in though, and that is a gritty veteran WR that can be a #3-5 guy.

This team has plenty of talent, intelligence, and chemistry. The one area that is lacking long term veteran composure though is the skill positions on offense. I like the players we have at WR for the most part, but they all have faults. Things are going well now, but I don't want the Bills to get in a position like the Sabres were in and be happy with their young guys going into the playoffs while ignoring grit and experience. I would love to bring in a guy that could be more of a player/coach. Troy Brown is sitting in a lazyboy somewhere, and a guy like him would be a great addition....especially to jump into the mind of New England. It doesn't have to be him...but someone along those lines. Our guys are good, but Evans has a contract in the background and was quirky last year. Reed has had some back problems. Roscoe needs to be limited so he doesn't get dinged up. Hardy seems to be taking it in very slowly and can use a mentor. It is not a rock solid group.

This group is learning how to win, and it would be nice to have a guy that could guide them on and off the field. If we hit a rough patch, which WILL happen, I can see the offense losing it's mojo pretty quickly. How much could it hurt to bring in a vet for a few million as a consultant that can catch 25 balls for the year?

Let Hardy step up now- he's had 3 weeks to watch and chip in with a huge catch - Troy Brown brings your nothing at this point. Let Hardy play alittle more but unless I miss my guess Fred Jackson will be your slot reciever