Jests look like trash

bills44

In all fairness, it has to be rough being a Jets fan this year. The team goes out and spendw a bunch of cash on upgrades to the lines, have some decent draft picks, and really were prepared -- on paper, at least -- to made a run this year. Dropping your quarterback for glitz has all but killed their season. I had heard that one of the challenges facing Favre's transition is that the Packers playbook was based on phrases and the Jets is based on numbers, so regardless of how similar the plays are, he has new terms to learn soup-to-nuts.

So many of their bad plays last night were clearly based on a lack of knowing the plays, as many throws simply went one way while the receiver went another. For Magina to come out at halftime and say Favre's throws were good, it was the receivers at fault, was just adding insult to injury.

Now look, I'm glad the Jets are 1-2, but from the standpoint of being a fan, this really has to suck for them.

Very well put. I was thinking this morning that getting Favre was a huge risk for the Jets, and if it did not work out, which would mean Favre retires for good in February, they would find themselves next summer with all the same problems they had before they signed Brett, and all their FA signees would be a year older. I bet a lot of Jets fans are feeling serious buyer's remorse as they contemplate that.

In all fairness, it has to be rough being a Jets fan this year. The team goes out and spendw a bunch of cash on upgrades to the lines, have some decent draft picks, and really were prepared -- on paper, at least -- to made a run this year. Dropping your quarterback for glitz has all but killed their season. I had heard that one of the challenges facing Favre's transition is that the Packers playbook was based on phrases and the Jets is based on numbers, so regardless of how similar the plays are, he has new terms to learn soup-to-nuts.

So many of their bad plays last night were clearly based on a lack of knowing the plays, as many throws simply went one way while the receiver went another. For Magina to come out at halftime and say Favre's throws were good, it was the receivers at fault, was just adding insult to injury.

Now look, I'm glad the Jets are 1-2, but from the standpoint of being a fan, this really has to suck for them.

Yeah I really feel bad for them.

The problem with the jets offseason this year is the moves they made were alot of flash but little substance. Damien Woody, by all accounts has been a bust ever since he left NE. Jenkins has been injury prone for the last 2 seasons in Carolina. Fanceca(sp) has been entering the downside of his career at this point & Pace was a one hit wonder down in Arizona. Do not even get me started about Favre. I called it in the beginning when the trade was made that the Jets getting Favre did not scare me. He had a good year last year, but I think it was one of those years in Green Bay that everything went right. I remember 2yrs ago when he came up to Orchard Park & single handily lost the game for a Green Bay team that had no business losing that day. Favre is done, the guy is 38 yrs old & he should of stayed retired. The jets are a 7 win team at best. It is going to be us & NE battling for the division this year.

Very well put. I was thinking this morning that getting Favre was a huge risk for the Jets, and if it did not work out, which would mean Favre retires for good in February, they would find themselves next summer with all the same problems they had before they signed Brett, and all their FA signees would be a year older. I bet a lot of Jets fans are feeling serious buyer's remorse as they contemplate that.

All of the teams that have won the big one recently (Giants, Indy, Pats*, Steelers), have done it the same way. Built their foundation through the draft, then filled in the rest of the pieces with good FA acquistions or trades. Not necessarily with the biggest name available, but with the guy who best fit their system. The jets went the Al Davis/Dan Snyder rout and just signed all the biggest names out there, and they will have the same level of success.

Do you have a relative who has the first name "Stuck?"

No.

I grew up in WNY. My formative years were the 70's so the "Fins can kiss my . . .

Moved to Cincy in 1988: the Bengals beat the Bills in preseason, regular season and AFC Championship game that year. So, the Bengals rank right down with Miami for me. The Super Bowl years were sweet revenge, and the Bengals have stunk since 1990.

Thank god for Direct TV NFL ticket package.

No.

I grew up in WNY. My formative years were the 70's so the "Fins can kiss my . . .

Moved to Cincy in 1988: the Bengals beat the Bills in preseason, regular season and AFC Championship game that year. So, the Bengals rank right down with Miami for me. The Super Bowl years were sweet revenge, and the Bengals have stunk since 1990.

Thank god for Direct TV NFL ticket package.

I asked this because we have a regular poster who calls himself "stuckincincy." :devil: