McFaddens in NYC

BillsNYC

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just moved to D.C. for Grad school and the McFaddens down here is complete madness.. Definitely not as good as actually being at The Ralph but if you gotta be anywhere else then this bar is the scene. I think the DC Bills Backers estimated about 300+ Bills fans.. It's a massive bar so there's plenty of room to stand or get a table if you are there early enough. Only the Bills are on in the entire bar and everytime we score they blast the Shout song.. Usually a Raffle with prizes as well.. Last week was an autographed Lynch Photo.. And I just bought a sweet DC Bills Backers T Shirt.. pretty fun place..

www.wdcbbb.com

Can't wait until I'm 21...year and a couple months :nana:

I'm just shocked at the number of NYC Bills fans. I've lived in Westchester for about 8 years and its just Giants and Jets every where. Are a lot of the NYC backers western NY transplants?

I'm sure the vast majority of them are transplants. I live in Jersey and used to go to a bar before DTV and all of the Bills fans I ran into (about 20 over a several year period) were from Buffalo except one. However, for the strangest reason, there is a pretty large contingent of Bills fans on Staten Island (go figure). I was at a Bills/jests game about 13 years ago and ran into a lady wearing a Bills jersey who had been slugged (their fans are maybe worse than ours) and she was from Staten Island and was telling me about the Bills fans over there.

I just moved to D.C. for Grad school and the McFaddens down here is complete madness.. Definitely not as good as actually being at The Ralph but if you gotta be anywhere else then this bar is the scene. I think the DC Bills Backers estimated about 300+ Bills fans.. It's a massive bar so there's plenty of room to stand or get a table if you are there early enough. Only the Bills are on in the entire bar and everytime we score they blast the Shout song.. Usually a Raffle with prizes as well.. Last week was an autographed Lynch Photo.. And I just bought a sweet DC Bills Backers T Shirt.. pretty fun place..

www.wdcbbb.com

We actually helped start that one as well. Someone who worked for Tim Russert knew me from Orchard Park and his family came to McFadden's in NYC. Russert heard about it and loved the idea of starting one in DC, so the guy who worked for him offered to start one with our help. Luckily, some folks down there were able to take it over and have done an awesome job with it, which we couldn't do from NYC.

I'm sure the vast majority of them are transplants. I live in Jersey and used to go to a bar before DTV and all of the Bills fans I ran into (about 20 over a several year period) were from Buffalo except one. However, for the strangest reason, there is a pretty large contingent of Bills fans on Staten Island (go figure). I was at a Bills/jests game about 13 years ago and ran into a lady wearing a Bills jersey who had been slugged (their fans are maybe worse than ours) and she was from Staten Island and was telling me about the Bills fans over there.

Mostly Western NY transplants, but a lot of life long NYCers as well. Billsfanone, who started this with me, is from Yonkers and was a lifelong fan.