We should have traded Travis

KurtGodel77

Willis is clearly a better back than Travis. Not just because of the individual contribution he makes to the team--running for over 100 yards--but because of the way his style of play affects the game as a whole. When the defense is sending jerk blitzers up the middle, a quick toss to Willis will allow him to break the ball to the outside. That should be good for five yards or more.

Had we traded Henry to Miami, they would have a running back controversy upon the return of Ricky Williams. They would also lack a first round pick in next year's draft.

A running back controversy, with Travis clearly being second-best. No first round pick next year. These problems should sound familiar. Only with the trade, they would have been Miami's problems, instead of our own.

Wow ... just 8 weeks ago TH was a warrior who could play on two broken legs and suck a prime rib through a straw while eating with his jaw wired shut. Now he's a bum. Talk about fickle fans.

The crap continues to pile up on this board.

No one was ever going to give up a first round pick for TH. Only blind Buffalo fans think he's anything more than an above average back. You don't give up a 1st rounder for above average. We never would trade him within the division anyway.

Sue, I agree great players are needed in Buffalo. Travis Henry is in no sense of the word a great player. Plays with guts, sure. Great, no.

It's always easy in retrospect to say we should have done this or that. We didn't know at the beginning of the year, and we STILL don't know what we have in McGahee. He's had ONE good game. One.

We'll be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for Travis.

RunTheBall

No one was ever going to give up a first round pick for TH. Only blind Buffalo fans think he's anything more than an above average back. You don't give up a 1st rounder for above average. We never would trade him within the division anyway.

Sue, I agree great players are needed in Buffalo. Travis Henry is in no sense of the word a great player. Plays with guts, sure. Great, no.

It's always easy in retrospect to say we should have done this or that. We didn't know at the beginning of the year, and we STILL don't know what we have in McGahee. He's had ONE good game. One.

RunTheBall

81825[/snapback]

A 3rd for Travis Gump? Yes, very lucky indeed. Imo, he will be out of football in 2 years or less.

As for the "retrospect" thing, I was here before the season begging for a trade, as were a few others.

Imo, this was a major screw-ip by TD. He could have got a decent pick for Travis Gump. Now, other GMs will watch film and offer little to nothing, but at least the Bills have a good rb in Willis.

I think this crap keeps coming up because the Bills are so boring to watch the game itself isn't worth talking about.

There's no such thing as a running back controversary. It's not like QB where only one player plays. There's enough touches to go around for more than one RB. The best player will play and eventually we'll find out who that is. Until then give it a rest.

I think Miami would give us a 2nd rounder for Joe Burns. With the burst he showed spelling Willis last week. I bet this is a done deal in the off season.

Plus there is speculation in Dallas that the Bills will recoup their 2005 1st rounder this January for a package of Drew and Pucillo.

The Tuna connection is undeniable.

Only blind Buffalo fans think he's anything more than an above average back. You don't give up a 1st rounder for above average. We never would trade him within the division anyway.

81825[/snapback]

What would be the bid deal in trading an above average back inside the division? Travis can be much more than above average on the right team. He would be a very dangerous back to have inside our division.

I am still amazed at how "fans" can state that WM is so much a better back than TH. Last I looked WM has played in a TOTAL of 5 games and has ONE 100 yard performance, while TH has TWO 1400 yard seasons and was a Pro Bowler. How can WM be so much better when he hasnt proven ANYTHING yet. Granted, I also feel that he is a very talented RB, but to say that he is better than a Pro Bowl performer who has proven it over 2+ years, just because he ran for 100 yards is just plain stupid.

Let the season play out BEFORE you start anointing WM as a savior. He needs to show it OVER TIME to be the RB you make him to be already. Stop using his college press clippings to make him into something he hasnt proven yet, and that is a consistent NFL RB......

We couldn't trade Travis at the beginning of the year because we did't know what we had in McGahee yet. If you trade Travis and McGahee blows out his knee in the preseason, you know everyone would be pummeling TD. Everyone.

We could keep both backs, but Travis has made that difficult by opening up his yapper the day McGahee was drafted and not shutting up and just playing. Then Rosengeek felt it was his place to respond in kind. Now I don't think they can be on the same team after this season.

I hope we can get a 3rd rounder for him. The only thing that makes me think its possible is that his salary is low.

RunTheBall

RunTheBall

81825[/snapback]

I believe travis henry would be even better, if the oline was better. Great olines open up holes/running lanes for the rb's. Look at denver for instance. They have a great line. This is part of the reason any running back in the denver offense looks like a star.

TRAVIS IS NOT GOING TO BE TRADED. :devil: So people its time to bury the subject in the ground. DEEPLY.

stop smoking whatever you have been if you actually think any NFL team would trade us a #1 pick for Travis henry.

Plus, Miami is headed for the #1 pick overall. Don't you think they know that? Why would they trade that pick for Henry? He's not that elite a back.

Corey Dillion only warrented a 2nd round pick and his track record is way better than Henry's.