No Hardy Again Yesterday

VJ91

All of you are making sense.... but seriously, how hard is it to run into the endzone and jump?

I'm not buying all this crap about being a rookie, not knowing the offense, or running routes well. When we get into the redzone, how hard is it to catch a fade pass? We haven't even seen one attempt. That was a nice play against Jacksonville, but what's the deal?

We don't need him to know the offense right now, all we need him to do is run into the endzone and jump. It can't be that hard.

Did you feel there was some redzone problem yesterday where if only we had called the rookie's # we wouldn't have had to settle for the FG.

The missed FG was way back as the drive stalled before Hardy time and the made FG was the game winner and the fade was not called for. The other three trips to the redzone say 2 running TDs by Lynch (I think the one where the Bills OL was pushing their second wave back was quite impressive) and a pass TD to Parrish.

Misuse of Hardy or failure to use him leading to failed opportunities?

I do not think so.

Did you feel there was some redzone problem yesterday where if only we had called the rookie's # we wouldn't have had to settle for the FG.

The missed FG was way back as the drive stalled before Hardy time and the made FG was the game winner and the fade was not called for. The other three trips to the redzone say 2 running TDs by Lynch (I think the one where the Bills OL was pushing their second wave back was quite impressive) and a pass TD to Parrish.

Misuse of Hardy or failure to use him leading to failed opportunities?

I do not think so.

If you're not going to even attempt to throw him the ball in the endzone, then what was the point of drafting him?

If you're not going to even attempt to throw him the ball in the endzone, then what was the point of drafting him?

Maybe he's not playing well. Maybe he's making mistakes (critical drop yesterday). Have you seen so much from him that you think he should be in the game more? Evans, Hardy, and even Reed are playing well--maybe Hardy just can't get past those guys.

Maybe he's not playing well. Maybe he's making mistakes (critical drop yesterday). Have you seen so much from him that you think he should be in the game more? Evans, Hardy, and even Reed are playing well--maybe Hardy just can't get past those guys.

I'm not saying that at all (see: my first post).

I have no problem with Hardy not on the field outside of the redzone. Do we need him to make an impact there? No. Reed and Parrish are playing quite well. Also, Hardy just probably isn't good enough yet to replace them. He's young and this is his first year. I don't expect him to do much, and not seeing him is perfectly alright.

What I don't like, is not even seeing an attempt to throw the ball to him in the redzone. He was brought in for size in the redzone, not to sit on the bench when we need touchdowns. Is it hurting our team right now? Probably not, but if we don't start throwing the ball to him in the redzone, we're going to look the same as last year.

Eh, ya gotta save your silver bullets :rolleyes:

Keep the guy in "decoy" and "new guy" functions, and break him out when it's least expected.

Although it would be nice to have a legit, "of the mold" traditional second wideout to take a little press off Evans.

Rush the guy, and you could kill his confidence. He is a rookie.

Is he really not ready to run from the 10 yard line into the endzone and jump?

Not if he doesn't catch the ball, like he didn't do yesterday when it was thrown to him. Alot of players need time to adjust when they get to the NFL even if their roles from college haven't changed. All in good time, my friend.

If he was in on any of the redzone plays and because he showed last week what he could do in the redzone, if this had the Raiders doubling him and leaving Lynch more room to score his two rushing TDs or leave Parrish free to make his catch and TD run then I for one am pleased as punch to have drafted him and not to have thrown it his way those plays because we got the TDs anyway.

We certainly have to maintain him as a credible red zone threat by throwing to him for a TD, but this was done last week and St/ Louis would be foolish not to dt him or skew coverage his way in the redzone even after we failed to throw to him this week.

This issue seems a perfect example of something not to get one's panties all up in a wad about.

I kind of see it as a positive. We're winning ball games without Hardy and when we needed him the most and the reason why we got him, he delievered for us. The fact that we don't need to rely on him like we all thought we were going to have to is a good sign for our offense.

Could it be as simple as the Raiders were running a deffensive coverage that respected Hardy's threat......and this allowed other guys to be open and Edwards made the simple play rather then force a pass to Hardy to possibly be picked?

Perhaps the reason why guys were wide open in our comeback was Hardy WAS contributing without actually touching the ball.....

Just saying