Offensive Holding on nearly every play

Heathcliff

Was it me or did it seem as though Stroud was being tackled or held each time he penetrated. There was one time in particular that he was behind both the center and guard but couldn't get to Garrad because the guard was holding his jersey and the center had his arms around his waist. Even Tasker "kind-of" mentioned it but not as if it was a penalty........... It just seemed like there was a lot of holding going on in the center of the line all day.

Was it me or did it seem as though Stroud was being tackled or held each time he penetrated. There was one time in particular that he was behind both the center and guard but couldn't get to Garrad because the guard was holding his jersey and the center had his arms around his waist. Even Tasker "kind-of" mentioned it but not as if it was a penalty........... It just seemed like there was a lot of holding going on in the center of the line all day.

It wasn't you. It happened.

There was one play in particular I notice Poz just about tackled from behind by # 69. I saw a whole lot of jersey grabbing and questionable blocking techniques by the Jags linemen. If the Bills were doing it, I didn't notice (naturally).

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were referring to the fact that there is offesnsive holding on nearly every play in every level of football from 3rd grade through the nfl. It will rarely get called unless its in the open filed or a jersey is grabbed and pulled, and even then sometimes its a crapshoot. It's always been that way, always will be, the refs cant watch all 11 players on every play, no use complaining about it.

the one that boggles my mind is the john mccargo 'non-hold'. mccargo busted past the g(or center?), and the center actually grabbed him from behind. mccargo was running in place... no flag. wtf.

Big time hold there! and also whoever was lined up at Left DE also blew past his man and was getting held. Two guys free to the QB, blatently held!! wtf i dunno how they didn't see that

It wasn't you. It happened.

There was one play in particular I notice Poz just about tackled from behind by # 69. I saw a whole lot of jersey grabbing and questionable blocking techniques by the Jags linemen. If the Bills were doing it, I didn't notice (naturally).

:lol:

Funny how that works. I was covering a soccer game last week, and although I thought they were calling an even game, one team's cheering section was all over the refs. "Did you see that push?" "Come on, that HAS to be a foul." Drove me nuts. I finally couldn't take any more, and walked over to the edge of the field to stand with our photographer ...

(But yeah, I thought Jacksonville held on darn near every play, too. So either I'm not immune to the charge of homerism, or they actually were, or both.)

the one that boggles my mind is the john mccargo 'non-hold'. mccargo busted past the g(or center?), and the center actually grabbed him from behind. mccargo was running in place... no flag. wtf.

If that was the play I remember, there were actually 2 guys holding McCargo. I remember being shocked that it took 2 players to block him, let alone hold him, but they had him by the back of his jersey. Wtf!!??

That definitely happened, but it was John McCargo not Marcus Stroud with the penetration on that play. Just thought I'd point that out to give credit where credit is due.

:lol:

Funny how that works. I was covering a soccer game last week, and although I thought they were calling an even game, one team's cheering section was all over the refs. "Did you see that push?" "Come on, that HAS to be a foul." Drove me nuts. I finally couldn't take any more, and walked over to the edge of the field to stand with our photographer ...

(But yeah, I thought Jacksonville held on darn near every play, too. So either I'm not immune to the charge of homerism, or they actually were, or both.)

That's funny. Might I suggest going over and standing next to the other cheering section for a while, too. You might hear some funny, contrasting opinion that could make for nice color, especially if your editor comes back at you for more column inches.

That's funny. Might I suggest going over and standing next to the other cheering section for a while, too. You might hear some funny, contrasting opinion that could make for nice color, especially if your editor comes back at you for more column inches.

Actually, I was sitting right in the middle of the bleachers between the two teams' fans. This is the third home game I've done for the team I cover, but the first time I've heard anyone from either side constantly calling out the refs.

(Of course, when I talked to that team's coaches after the game, they mentioned that their only previous loss came on a goal that never crossed the line -- and they supposedly have the video to back up their claim, although the state rules don't provide for using instant replay. I did understand their fans' mindset a little better after that, although I still disagreed with their opinions ...)

Lots of non calls on the Jags, in fact I thought the Zebra's were throwing the game for awhile. Guess the league told them to make it competive with the Jags injuries and what not.

No I'm not a conspiracy type ,but you have to believe your eyes .

Bills D had Jag players hanging on like coattails.