Roscoe is the best PR of all time

Dibs

As of this point.....after 2 weeks into the 2008 season.....Roscoe Parrish has the highest career PR average of all time.

Roscoe Parrish

82-1148.....14.00 ave

Devin Hester

92-1285.....13.97 ave

:lol:

I freaking love Roscoe, he's so much fun to watch returing kicks but I still think right now Hester is still the best. How many return TDs does that guy have? When Roscoe starts taking 5 back a year like Hester does, I'll make the argument he's the best (hopefully that starts this year). He's definitely a close 2nd right now IMO.

Hester does get to the end zone a lot. Hopefully Roscoe can get there more than once this year. The thing that really makes Roscoe great... he NEVER gets hit by the first man, ever. He consistently gets at least 8-10 yards on a return just by beating that first guy, and he very often can beat the second and third guy too which takes him up to around 15-20 yards. That's why his average is so high. He gets the big returns every few games, but the rest of his returns are usually for around 10 yards also.

I freaking love Roscoe, he's so much fun to watch returing kicks but I still think right now Hester is still the best. How many return TDs does that guy have? When Roscoe starts taking 5 back a year like Hester does, I'll make the argument he's the best (hopefully that starts this year). He's definitely a close 2nd right now IMO.

Roscoe has three career PRs for TDs. Hester has seven PRs for TDs, which is rather remarkable (although he never had five in a season, at least not punts). Still, while Hester may be better, Roscoe still has the slightly better average. And that's all-time. Have the Bills ever had a player on their team that was the career All-Time leader in any (reasonable) category? Bruce I think never had an all-time record as a Bill. OJ had the best single season rushing record for awhile but it wasn't a career record. It's very possible I am not thinking of one or two? Anyone? Bueller? Lori?

I think Hester, with our downfield blocking and our coaching, would be better than Parrish with their downfield blocking and their coaching. Parrish is very good at what he does, but is made great with what Bobby April and the emphasis on ST here in Buffalo.

Hester does get to the end zone a lot. Hopefully Roscoe can get there more than once this year. The thing that really makes Roscoe great... he NEVER gets hit by the first man, ever. He consistently gets at least 8-10 yards on a return just by beating that first guy, and he very often can beat the second and third guy too which takes him up to around 15-20 yards. That's why his average is so high. He gets the big returns every few games, but the rest of his returns are usually for around 10 yards also.

My brother-in-law remarked, "How did that guy miss him?" when Roscoe caught the ball and quickly shifted away from the Jag that had him all lined up. I told him, "Roscoe NEVER gets caught by the first guy".

Roscoe is more consistent than Hester...yes Hester returns more for TD's, but he also has more occasions where he is tackled within 5 yards of fielding a punt, which almost never happens with Parrish...

IMHO, both are really good, but Parrish more consistent