Great Line from Jags Defender

ChevyVanMiller

Another thought: That's really a testimony to the O-line on the final play. There's a picture in the Buffalo News of the play before to Evans where the O-line is seen with not one Jag defender even in the camera frame. Great job in crunch time by the boys up front.

O-Line, No Jags Click on the pic below "More Photos"

Defensive end Paul Spicer said the defensive line needed to get more pressure on Edwards on the touchdown pass.

"I didn't get close enough to him to smell his cologne," Spicer said.

If he had he would have found out it was Eau de Jag Killer. <_<

TE took 3 sacks yesterday; 2 of them cannot be blamed on our QB. Reason for concern? Not usually. Peters whiff seems to get the most attention and I think it's most unjustified. Sure it caused a turnover and could've cost us 6. However, Fowler's "pass blocking" in the 1st quarter was a whole lot worse. The idiot didn't bother to lay a hand on the DT who made a beeline to Trent and proceeded to pile drive him into the turf. That could've cost us the season right there folks. It's a miracle Edwards wasn't concussed on that play.

Ok, but I give the OL major props these past two games because they've been given TE illegal amounts of time to scan downfield and make accurate throws. When was the las time this happened? I'm glad this was a carryover from the preseason when he and JP had very high completion % and no picks during that time.

TE took 3 sacks yesterday; 2 of them cannot be blamed on our QB. Reason for concern? Not usually. Peters whiff seems to get the most attention and I think it's most unjustified. Sure it caused a turnover and could've cost us 6. However, Fowler's "pass blocking" in the 1st quarter was a whole lot worse. The idiot didn't bother to lay a hand on the DT who made a beeline to Trent and proceeded to pile drive him into the turf. That could've cost us the season right there folks. It's a miracle Edwards wasn't concussed on that play.

Ok, but I give the OL major props these past two games because they've been given TE illegal amounts of time to scan downfield and make accurate throws. When was the las time this happened? I'm glad this was a carryover from the preseason when he and JP had very high completion % and no picks during that time.

I think Fowler is the weakest link. I can't believe Duke can't compete for the starting role.

Fowler had to go to his left first, then help the inept Butler on that play.

Fowler had to go to his left first, then help the inept Butler on that play.

Butler had a terrible first half. Not sure how he did in the fourth (as we didn't even have the ball in the third, hardly), but he was horrible at the beginning.

Butler had a terrible first half. Not sure how he did in the fourth (as we didn't even have the ball in the third, hardly), but he was horrible at the beginning.

I think horrible is too strong a word. He was up against pro-bowl DT Henderson who is a fine DT. We barely heard from henderson all game long. According to ESPN stats he was credited with 2 tackles for the whole game, and didn't put much pressure on TE. I'll take nothing out of Butler for nothing out of Henderson any day of the week.

For me, the best shot (if there is one besides video footage) is of the deep throw to Evans. Look at the line: Chambers' guy shoves him back, Chambers recovers almost Matrix-style to allow Trent to step up into the void and drop the ball into the bucket...I just love watching that replay.

For me, the best shot (if there is one besides video footage) is of the deep throw to Evans. Look at the line: Chambers' guy shoves him back, Chambers recovers almost Matrix-style to allow Trent to step up into the void and drop the ball into the bucket...I just love watching that replay.

Chambers is making himself a future pile of cash.

I also think like another post that horrible is too strong and indictment. Yes he did noticeably badly on a couple of plays and on the holding call, but this young player also was part of an OL which in the first half blocked for Edwards having enough time and little enough pressure to hit almost all of his passes.

Likewise the rush game was quite effective in the first half with much of their lack of production stemming from failing to even be on the field for a majority plus of the 3rd quarter. Any rational assessment of Butler's play also needs to take into account that most of the Bills rushes were actually to the Butler/Walker side rather than the Peters/Dockery side.

Is Butler perfect?

No way, there are clear flaws in his game.

However, the C+ Bills Daily gave the Bills OL is about as low as one can reasonably go in assessing this game where the QB rating for Edwards was flirting with the 100s.

Butler needs work, Peters needs to get in shape, Fowler actually probably does not get enough credit for his line calls and Dockery and Walker are worth the huge money they got if the OL produces like this all season.

However, labeling this good but troubled at times performance horrible by any of the OL players is simply not supported by the facts.

I think horrible is too strong a word. He was up against pro-bowl DT Henderson who is a fine DT. We barely heard from henderson all game long. According to ESPN stats he was credited with 2 tackles for the whole game, and didn't put much pressure on TE. I'll take nothing out of Butler for nothing out of Henderson any day of the week.

Well said. Henderson ranks in the top 5 DT's in the league and more likely in the top 3. He was invisible for much of the day. The sack up the middle appeared to be just a lucky stunt that they caught the Bills a little offguard. Fowler went to his left and Meier started to his left then back to his right, where Fowler had just opened up. Things like that are going to happen and if we have to fear that TE is going to get a booboo every time he gets hit, maybe he needs to toughen up. He bounced right up though, thankfully.

Considering the Bills OL has played against 2 pretty good Defensive Units in the first two weeks, they have held their own really well. Sacks and misreads along the line are going to happen. Look at what our defense did to Seattle's Line. They didn't know which way we were coming from.

If the Bills on average give up 1 sack a game, thats only 16 on the year and probably leading the league by a ton in that category. Sh**, 2 a game is still an improvement.