I don't get it. I just don't, but apparently I'm alone

Lv-Bills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean last year? Like when he was injured. <_<

Seriously do a search. Lori did a little writeup after the season and he was one of the guys the Bills targeted in the FA, because he can block and catch with the best of him.

That's great, but he was on the Free Agent wire as of last week in my league. I almost picked him up, and then researched that he was actually owned by only 43% percent of the entire yahoo leagues owners. I think that shot up this week, however. I actually picked him up this week to back up Winslow.

But um, yeah, the Bills also targeted the WR Wilfork for a while, and he absolutely sucks. Maybe we didnt' get Smith but he thought he was worth a little much. Just sayin.

And the best of them? The best of them are Witten, Winslow, Clark, and Gates. LJ Smith is not...."the best of them" which kinda leads back to my original point.......I don't get it.

OK, so I'm starting to see a trend here. McNabb goes back to pass and throws nothing but 3 yard passes to Westbrook 85% of the time, and then 10% more to Buckhalter, and 5% downfield.

Then the Eagles D blites, it gets picked up, and they get torched by Owens.

McNabb comes back out and goes like 6-8, throwing nothing but 2 yard passes to Westbrook and Buckhalter and they kick another FG.

So basically, as I stay confused as to why the Eagles are considered a "Great" team.....I kinda see McNabb in the same light that JP lovers were trying to paint Kelly Holcombe as a QB. Captain checkdown, except that he didn't have Westbrook.

The Eagles are Westbrook and that's it.

And as I type this, the Eagles ST's just get torched.

14-6 Dallas, just like I said BEFORE the game started. The Eagles are not "elite"!

Mcnabb is good enough that when he is healthy, they are playoff contenders o and the NFC sucks overall so its anybodys conference

You take Westbrook off of this team, and they are about as good as the Raiders. He is their whole offense. It's ridicuous how much he does for them.

Another mind numbing miss from the officials.

How is it possible to have missed that facemask on Westbrook?? His helmet was turned completely around. What were they looking at?

Yeah, and as much as I rip on the Eagles, Romo kinda likes to throw picks on MNF huh?

LMAO. Well, I guess I see it now. Westbrook is the Eagles. Period. Also, we are seeing a trend happening here......Tony Romo kinda likes to really give other teams all their points on MOnday Night. They just referenced the Buffalo game last year, as Romo just hands the Eagles 14 points.

Wow!

Yeah, and as much as I rip on the Eagles, Romo kinda likes to throw picks on MNF huh?

Yeah, bad pick and followed it up with a terrible fumble for the Eagle TD. However....they are making it look easy otherwise. The Dallas offense is downright scary.

OK OK, I gotta take it all back I guess. McNabb finally threw more than a two yard pass to Desean Jackson.

What a friggin moron. Lucky for him no one from Dallas was smart enough to pick up the ball.

Good....Westbrook gets the TD instead. My fantasy teams thank you Desean.

OK OK, I gotta take it all back I guess. McNabb finally threw more than a two yard pass to Desean Jackson.

Now I can be OK with the Eagles as a decent team as I start to root hard against the Cowboys again.

Are you watching this. The Eagles are moving the ball all over the field. The Bills offense could not keep up w. the Eagles.

Are you watching this. The Eagles are moving the ball all over the field. The Bills offense could not keep up w. the Eagles.

The question is whether the Eagles' offense could keep up with the Bills' defense.

Neither of those defenses is doing crap tonight.

What a friggin moron. Lucky for him no one from Dallas was smart enough to pick up the ball.

I think the whistle blew when he "scored." So even if Dallas had been bright enough to pick up the ball, they'd have lost it back to Philly on the early whistle.

They still have McNabb, and while he's solid, he's also the same QB who seems medicore at best numerous times during the course of a football season. More importantly, IMO, they still have the same crop of mediocre WR's like they've always had. Yeah, they'll bring pressure, and they have Andy Reid, blah blah blah.

Most importantly, their division is much better than it was when they won the division all those years in a row. Westbrook is still there, but he's always been there. The secondary is good, blah blah blah.

I don't know, these thoughts are random, but I still don't get it. They are solid, but why are they great all of a sudden.

I'll leave with this........I HATE DALLAS. FUGGIN HATE THEM. I'd rather bang Rosie O'Donnel than have lunch with Jerry Jones.

I'm just calling it now, Dallas will bring the pain tonight and rout the Eagles. The Eagles, while solid, are not elite. I don't get all their hype. Someone help me out on this please!

I'm just going to pretend like this game isn't happening since it's only a half.

What hype and from who are you talking about? 16 "experts" on espn.com made preseason predictions on every division and zero of them picked the Eagles to win it. 14 of them picked Dallas to win it, and 12 of them picked Dallas to make the SB.

When you say the Eagles are overhyped, does that mean you don't think they're an NFC wildcard team? They're 7 pt dogs in this game.

I'm just going to pretend like this game isn't happening since it's only a half.

What hype and from who are you talking about? 16 "experts" on espn.com made preseason predictions on every division and zero of them picked the Eagles to win it. 14 of them picked Dallas to win it, and 12 of them picked Dallas to make the SB.

When you say the Eagles are overhyped, does that mean you don't think they're an NFC wildcard team? They're 7 pt dogs in this game.

OK, let's recap and try again......"The Eagles are solid, but not elite". I'm pretty sure that's what I said. I mean, with Brady, most people had the Pats going to the Superbowl, and had the Colts as an elite team. That's considered hype for both teams.

Kinda the same principle here don't ya think? Makes better sense. I don't get where the Eagles are considered in the elite group of the NFL. Seems like they popped back in there all of sudden again.

In a lot of peoples minds, the Boys, Giants and Eagles are all in the NFL's top five teams. I don't see it. It's pretty simple.

OK, let's recap and try again......"The Eagles are solid, but not elite". I'm pretty sure that's what I said. I mean, with Brady, most people had the Pats going to the Superbowl, and had the Colts as an elite team. That's considered hype for both teams.

Kinda the same principle here don't ya think? Makes better sense. I don't get where the Eagles are considered in the elite group of the NFL. Seems like they popped back in there all of sudden again.

In a lot of peoples minds, the Boys, Giants and Eagles are all in the NFL's top five teams. I don't see it. It's pretty simple.

What are your top 5 teams then?