Apology thread for Dick Jauron

Pyrite Gal

Could have tried the QB coach. :thumbsup:

That's why I said "at the time". At the time I had no idea they would make Turk the OC. I figured that, since he had no NFL play calling experience, he wouldn't be a guy they would let call plays during last season. When he was hired I was a little shocked. Not disappointed really, but surprised.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jauron needs to win a playoff game. The bears went 13-3 and lost the first playoff game if i remember correctly. Even after the win against Jacksonville i am still concerned with Jauron's style. He still seems conservative to me. The last field goal drive done by the Bills is a good example of that. Roscoe has a great return and then the Bills run their way to a field goal. It still put Jacksonville in a position to win the game with a TD. In my opinion good teams put in that situation would go for the TD.

Yeah, you're right. Jauron played that one conservatively. He allowed the other team 29 seconds to score a TD with no TO's left. Mind you this was a team that didn't have one gain of more than 15 yards the entire game. So yeah, he played that one conservatively all right! What a boob!

Yeah, you're right. Jauron played that one conservatively. He allowed the other team 29 seconds to score a TD with no TO's left. Mind you this was a team that didn't have one gain of more than 15 yards the entire game. So yeah, he played that one conservatively all right! What a boob!

Classic example of "playing not to lose." :thumbsup:

Jauron needs to win a playoff game. The bears went 13-3 and lost the first playoff game if i remember correctly. Even after the win against Jacksonville i am still concerned with Jauron's style. He still seems conservative to me. The last field goal drive done by the Bills is a good example of that. Roscoe has a great return and then the Bills run their way to a field goal. It still put Jacksonville in a position to win the game with a TD. In my opinion good teams put in that situation would go for the TD.

If I'm not mistaken, Edwards was sacked while trying to throw a pass on second down. They Bills were well within Lindell's range, so a pass at that point suggests Jauron was NOT intending to simply settle for a FG on that drive. After that sack, he played the proper percentages, IMO.

Stability alone does not a winner make. There are several examples of unchanged front offices which continue to lose. Oakland and Detroit come to mind. San Francisco has been similar for a few years.

At the same time, you've got a team like the Giants who transitioned at GM when Ernie Accorsi retired and Jerry Reese entered.

It's more than continuity or stability, it's having a front office that routinely makes good decisions and finds the right players and coaches.

Point(s) well made.