Our Running Game is Awful, Yet Produced 167 total yards

CJPearl2

i'm a bit confused how does our running game suck?????????????????????

Ditto that. We may not have had over 100 "rushing yards" but the backs look solid. Not to mention that ML is averaging 5 less carries per game this season over last season, which will allow him to be much more rested and capable at the end of the year when we may need him for a run, or the playoffs (knock on wood). I think people are too concerned with their fantasy team's stats, and not enough about the overall success of the team. Freddie and Beast looked awesome today. You want to talk about a bad running game, the Jags two backs who were top of the league last year didn't exactly have solid days "rushing" the ball. People are really having to fish for reasons to be pessimistic about the outcome today.

Maybe I'm being dense, but I don't follow - how did our running game produce 167 yards?

Obviously, our running backs produced 167 total yards, but much of it was through the passing game. I see what he meant, and see why you're confused. It's total offense, not rushing.

Maybe I'm being dense, but I don't follow - how did our running game produce 167 yards?

See CJ's post to start the thread. He's saying that if you count the screens as runs, and several of them may as well have been, our backs totaled 167 yards and a TD. That's not bad.

Obviously, our running backs produced 167 total yards, but much of it was through the passing game. I see what he meant, and see why you're confused. It's total offense, not rushing.

I think I see that now. Another shining example of "lies, damned lies, and statistics."