Bills worth $885 million

Fingon

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/sports...lls_301765.html

Forbes: Team Value $885 million, the Buffalo Bills are owned by Ralph Wilson Jr, who bought them in 1959 for $25,000.

The skinny

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson, 90, has been crying poverty for years and has stated that the team will be sold after he dies. For years the Bills made a lot of money thanks to their rabid fans. But over the past few seasons the team's small market and antiquated stadium have placed the Bills in the bottom third of revenue of the NFL.

Fixed your link ... and wanted to note this bit of dumbassery:

In a somewhat bizarre move, Wilson signed a deal for the Bills to play eight games in Toronto over five years, beginning this season. Demand for the pricey tickets has been strong and the Bills will make more money than had the games been played in Ralph Wilson Stadium. Rather than risk alienating his core fans for a short-term profit, Wilson should have sold the naming rights to the stadium named after him. But when you're 90 years old and have no plans of selling the team, you probably don't give a damn.

If they could get $78 million for five years worth of naming rights, it would've been done yesterday. But in this market (and the current business climate), they'd be lucky to get $78 million for TWENTY-five years. Or thirty-five. Or ...

If they could get $78 million for five years worth of naming rights, it would've been done yesterday. But in this market (and the current business climate), they'd be lucky to get $78 million for TWENTY-five years. Or thirty-five. Or ...

Thanks... couldn't find the 2008 version so i just linked the !@#$ story.

If the Sabres can get $800K per year for the naming rights, the Bills can get double that. Adding $1-2M per year in pure operating income when you're a small-market team is significant. But God forbid Ralph remove his name from his stadium! :thumbsup:

If the Sabres can get $800K per year for the naming rights, the Bills can get double that. Adding $1-2M per year in pure operating income when you're a small-market team is significant. But God forbid Ralph remove his name from his stadium! :thumbsup:

$78 million divided by $1.6 million/year = 48.75 years. I originally typed fifty instead of twenty-five, but figured it was too far-fetched.

$78 mill over five years, or fifty? And those "alienated" fans damn near set a season-ticket record. Next time, Forbes, please make your story good enough to go with your research? Thanks.

from who?

No matter what they say the bills are worth, we all know they are priceless. I think we should enjoy this season as much as possible because I have a feeling it is going to be special. Whatever happens, happens Ralph will be around for a good 20 more years I mean look at those ears.