Awful week to be in a suicide league!

The Big Cat

After picking Philly over STL last week, I'm still in the hunt. Because of the Bears, Falcons, and Panthers games 18 of the league's 50 people now find themselves with the option to buy back in! But this week is a KILLER! No clear winners anywhere!

• CHI @ CAR- 2 schizophrenic teams facing off here, no CLUE which squad will show up for either of them.
  • TEN @ CIN- I like TEN here, but now that VY is down and with them playing in Cincy, it's a tough call.
  • GB @ DET- *I won't pick games from divisional matchups

• BUF @ JAC- I do actually feel very confident about the Bills, but my glasses are also a fine rose color and I don't want to throw the Bills away just yet (2 games against MIA to go!)
  • OAK @ KC- *Ibid
  • IND @ MIN- Indy will be looking to bounce back, but they've got a TOUGH one here on the road against the team that a.) runs the ball and b.) stops the run. Hard to bet against those attributes.

• NYG @ STL- The Giants could be a steady pick here. They love winning on the road, but then again this is the home-opener for STL so anything could conceivably happen. Plus, I picked STL to lose last week...
  • NO @ WAS- See Chi @ Car
  • SF @ SEA- * Ibid
  • ATL @ TB- * Ibid

• MIA @ ARI- I like AZ here, but again Miami's home opener. I might be the only person here who thinks Miami might actually be dangerous. I liken them to a sick animal- they really have nothing to lose and are getting awfully tired of getting kicked around.
  • SD @ DEN- *Ibid

• BAL @ HOU- I could also go with Houston in this game, but don't know enough about either team to put my money where my mouth is. I didn't expect Baltimore to win last week.
  • NE @ NYJ * Ibid
  • PIT @ CLE *Ibid
  • PHI @ DAL *Ibid

So my very short list of potential winners this week is AZ, NYG, HOU, and Buffalo. Yikes! Anybody have any suggestions?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BAL/HOU game could become weird because they're talking about moving the game due to the hurricane. I'd probably avoid it to be safe.

FWIW, I went w/KC this week.

Yeah? That's a pretty ballsy pick, IMO. Divisional toilet bowl. Who's the REAL winner after this game? :cry:

You make a good point about the Hurricane though.

I think Giants are an easy pick...espcially since you won't want to take them in division games. I also think GB is pretty solid and Tampa is a reasonable pick.

But what do I know...I had Indy last week. :cry:

I wouldn't touch that ATL v TB game with a 10 foot pole. And you're probably right about GB over Detroit, but it's the Lions first game at home, and they are divisonal opponents. May be that's just my quirky rule, but part of me believes divisonal games are ALWAYS up for grabs (esp in week 2!).

Don't get cute. Pick them and move on.

exactly. So many strategists get bounced with the best three teams still in their pocket. It's a survivor pool. Survive and move on.

There's 32 teams and only 17 weeks, so from the start, you don't have to use 15 teams. If you get to the point where you're deciding between tough "so-so" games, well that means you've probably survived for a while and it's a good problem to have.

I've been playing in these things for a while, I won once in '05 when the Steelers won the Bowl, took home about $4600. :wallbash:

Usually I'm bounced out well before Thanksgiving. :cry:

I was Philly last week and thinking G-men or Pit this week. I want to make sure Big Ben practices okay.

I think Giants are an easy pick...espcially since you won't want to take them in division games. I also think GB is pretty solid and Tampa is a reasonable pick.

But what do I know...I had Indy last week. :cry:

I took Indy last week too. :wallbash:

Garcia is out and Griese is starting for TB. I wouldn't touch that.

I took Indy last week too. :cry:

Garcia is out and Griese is starting for TB. I wouldn't touch that.

Me 3, and at 4'oclock on sunday i was lecturing my friends at the bar about how dumb they were for picking detroit, and you can't save teams, you just have to get to the next week, so I was going safe with Indy. Needless to say, Im an idiot, but I would definitely take the G men this week.

Yeah? That's a pretty ballsy pick, IMO. Divisional toilet bowl. Who's the REAL winner after this game? :cry:

You make a good point about the Hurricane though.

I don't think it's that ballsy. KC didn't look too bad against the Pats* and Oakland looked worse that a Pop Warner team. KC is a tough place to play in and even though they have QB issues, I think Huard should win this one. That might be my pick, anyway.

Otherwise, the Giants would probably be my best bet.