Back in Seattle (From Buffalo Blowout)

blzrul

As probably the only member of this board to have both Bills and Seahawks season tickets: I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the game on Sunday. Naturally cheering for the Bills - they are my team. The Seahawks thing is really because I love football and going to NFL games ... although I naturally cheer for the home team when I am there.

There was of course a lot of whining in the papers here (my daughter saved them for us, we just got back yesterday). But, to be fair: Seattle is nowhere near the sports town that Buffalo is. I know that Mondays after losses in WNY are totally depressing. Here in Seattle we sort of shrug, roll our eyes and go for coffee. So the whining was pretty mild. They still haven't gotten over being "robbed" of the Super Bowl though. They're convinced the loss had everything to do with officiating and nothing to do with the fact that their receivers can't catch.

But what I wanted to say, with great glee, is that one of the local writers' comments. Basically what he said was that the Hawks will not get another chance to prove that they are Super Bowl contenders for a few more weeks (they have cupcake teams until then). The writer THEN stated that until and unless the Seahawks can meet that challenge, then there "was only ONE Super Bowl contender on the field on Sunday - the Bills."

Boy it's been a long time since I heard THAT. I like the sound of it though!

I am wearing my new Roscoe Parrish jersey to the Seahawks opener this Sunday. :pirate:

I've always liked the Seahawks. I've got family in the area and have visited often. Also, I remember them as "Raider Killers" and enjoyed watching the Zorn-Largent Seahawks in the Kingdome.

BTW - They DID get shafted in that SB. The refs were atrocious in their apparent zeal to make sure "The Bus" got his ring....And speaking of shafted, Vinny T.'s helmet just scored again!!

I've always liked the Seahawks. I've got family in the area and have visited often. Also, I remember them as "Raider Killers" and enjoyed watching the Zorn-Largent Seahawks in the Kingdome.

BTW - They DID get shafted in that SB. The refs were atrocious in their apparent zeal to make sure "The Bus" got his ring....And speaking of shafted, Vinny T.'s helmet just scored again!!

I'm sure that was part of it, but they were probably trying to get Cowher a ring, also.

Darn. You posted everything I wanted to say. Ive always had a soft spot for the Hawks as well. Yes, ever since Zorn and Largent. Two of my fav players ever who aren't Bills. I would say the credibility of the NFL dropped about 20-25% after that Seahawks/Steeler Super Bowl

Darn. You posted everything I wanted to say. Ive always had a soft spot for the Hawks as well. Yes, ever since Zorn and Largent. Two of my fav players ever who aren't Bills. I would say the credibility of the NFL dropped about 20-25% after that Seahawks/Steeler Super Bowl

The steelers did everything to lose that game and somehow pulled it out. Conspiracy? perhaps but i still think the Pats* are the bigger pack o cheaters

I know this is a Bills board, and I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I just have to say GO SHARKS!!! Love your avatar.

As probably the only member of this board to have both Bills and Seahawks season tickets: I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the game on Sunday. Naturally cheering for the Bills - they are my team. The Seahawks thing is really because I love football and going to NFL games ... although I naturally cheer for the home team when I am there.

But what I wanted to say, with great glee, is that one of the local writers' comments. Basically what he said was that the Hawks will not get another chance to prove that they are Super Bowl contenders for a few more weeks (they have cupcake teams until then). The writer THEN stated that until and unless the Seahawks can meet that challenge, then there "was only ONE Super Bowl contender on the field on Sunday - the Bills."

Boy it's been a long time since I heard THAT. I like the sound of it though!

I am wearing my new Roscoe Parrish jersey to the Seahawks opener this Sunday. :cry:

I'm not sure the Bills are "Superbowl Contenders"....just yet....but I do know this....the Seahawks aren't! It would be a shame if the Seahawks didn't put forth their best efforts in Holmgren's last year....but after watching the game, it makes me wonder. Gotta love Zorn and Largent, though. I wish Zorn well with the Skins.

Thanks for the thoughtful post!