Props to Chambers and Royal

billybob

Since I usually think Royal would be an ok second TE and Chambers is nothing but a placeholder for a real NFL OT- I got to give them both credit for playing a fantastic game- Chamber did a superb job on Kerney and Royal had an all round great game especially holding on to that TD.

next week back to bashing them I'm sure.

Royal was pretty good today, and I am usually one of his biggest critics. I have to give him credit.

I really didn't know what to expect of Chambers, but I was pleasantly surprised with how the line held up and how he played today.

Trent seems to trust Royal. Royal has talent, but he makes boneheaded moves on a regular basis that prevents him from being a top 15 guy.

Today alone I noticed 2 bonehead moves from the stands. A minor one was in the 1st quarter when he made a nice catch on the left side and turned it upfield. But instead of lowering his shoulder and overpowering a DB, he tries to hurdle him and leaves himself and the ball in a prone position. He was 3 yards away from a 1st, and it wasn't 3rd down, so it was a needless risk.

The real one that had me swearing was at the end of the 1st half. He catches the ball...has the sidelines open, but turns it inside and picks up 3 yards which could have been taken going out of bounds. That is typical Robert Royal in my eyes. He blocks well, is athletic for a big man and can probably grab 50 catches if you can rely on him.....but he doesn't use his head out there all too often.

Chambers....nice game. Trent was TOO confident in the time his line was giving him. He could have ran a few times or checked down and had nice gainers...but I can't complain since these guys did the job.

Nice use of counters all game, and some complex formations. I think Turk is a logical gambler. I like the artistry behind his calls so far. Peters on a counter with Lynch up his butt a few weeks from now is going to reel off a 50+ yd TD. You can see a quick hitch to Roscoe finally work as well.

Nice to come home and truly look forward to next week already.

Not that I think he is a great player, but something that usually goes completely unnoticed is the play-calling of the center, Fowler, who takes a lot of criticism. This is from this morning's BuffNews:

The Bills' other touchdowns came on a 21-yard run by Lynch in the first quarter and a 30-yard pass from Edwards to Royal late in the third.

On Lynch's score, the Bills caught Seattle crowding the line of scrimmage on a third-and-11 play. Lynch took a shotgun handoff off left tackle and ripped through the Seattle defense. Center Melvin Fowler got a key block on Seattle tackle Craig Terrill and guard Brad Butler walled off linebacker Leroy Hill.

"It was a great call by Melvin Fowler because they put a lot of people up on the line," Butler said. "They had too many people to the left, on the play side, so we made a push call."

The line shoved the Seahawks left and Lynch cut back behind them, to the right.