SF Bay Area Bills Bars

SF_Bills_fan

Hi Bay Area Bills Fans:

My annual ritual is to go to the North Star for the opening game (relying on the Ticket and Tivo for the rest of the year). I was really disappointed in the North Star for last year's opener. The bar only had one TV on the bills game and the area around that TV (the front of the bar) was jammed. I like meeting other Bills' fan; I don't like smelling them! The rest of the bar and the other tvs had but a few people watching. I like to go to the NS this Sunday but the Bills fans should have the whole place. Does anyone know if the NS will be a BILLS bar this sunday or should I go elsewhere?

B

Hi Bay Area Bills Fans:

My annual ritual is to go to the North Star for the opening game (relying on the Ticket and Tivo for the rest of the year). I was really disappointed in the North Star for last year's opener. The bar only had one TV on the bills game and the area around that TV (the front of the bar) was jammed. I like meeting other Bills' fan; I don't like smelling them! The rest of the bar and the other tvs had but a few people watching. I like to go to the NS this Sunday but the Bills fans should have the whole place. Does anyone know if the NS will be a BILLS bar this sunday or should I go elsewhere?

B

I live in the Mission district in SF, but will be going back to Buffalo friday for the game... I will be at the North Star on Sunday's whenever I don't make the trip home (season ticket holder still)

Hi Bay Area Bills Fans:

B

I LOVE the North Star Cafe!

When Bob & Perry Tomei owned the joint, The Dean and I convinced them to open at 9 AM, show the Bills games, even took shifts behind the bar, and made that place what it is on Sundays; a HAVEN for Bills fans, a little piece of 'home away from home'. Every Buffalonian has to stop by 'The Star' when in EssEff - even Russert used to stop in.

You tell those guys that if they ever stop catering to the Bills fans, The Senator's gonna head right back out there, move everything across the street to Capp's, & kick their asses...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Bay Area Bills Fans:

B

Use this MAP and zoom in on the area you'll be in.

I've been going to the North Star for Bills Games for 15 years. It might be one of the most famous ex-pat Bills bars in the country. There is no other bar to go to. I'm sure Ed will have the game on both TV's up front and plenty of Blue on ice. I've never heard anyone say they were disappointed with the North Star. Are you sure you are a Bills Fan?

Come on down to San Jose. MY page hasn't been updated in years, but we are still at the same bar. We don't have too many people, but we get the HD projection TV and the one outside in the smoking area.

I went to the North Star once. It is the same distance from me as the SJ bar, but I had to pay for the Bay Bridge and for parking, even on a Sunday morning

The idea of watching with fellow Bills fans(particularly ones from this board) sounds like a lot of fun. Just too far to go for me, especially when having cervezas. Walnut Creek has the Stadium Pub which shows all games. There is always one TV with the Buffalo game on and a bunch of Bills fans sitting or standing watching the game. I can convince my wife to go there or at least drop me there because it's relatively close.

I have the perfect place for you. It's called (sadly) Pizza Orgasmica, but don't let the name fool you. It's in the Richmond area, and it's THE place to go for a Bills fan who finds himself in SF. I was there last year for the Jets game, which I think was Trent's first start. The place has about 8 TVs, all playing NFL games, and one of the guys there is a huge Bills fan and reserves a couch for Bills games. Couch? Yea, the place is a bit different: It's set up like separate little living rooms...end tables, couches, coffee table, etc. Best part is, it's not well known and rarely crowded. I showed up five minutes before kickoff and had the whole Bills nook to myself...that was until this chick and a couple of her friends showed up and started cheering very nervously for the Bills. We got to talking and it turns out this girl was Trent's sister's best friend. She grew up with Trent and couldn't believe she was watching him on national TV - every snap was nerve wracking for her. But she settled down as he started to kick some butt. She had nothing but good things to say about Trent, as you could imagine, and I think she was really happy to hear someone else who was behind him - (she had heard that we had a QB controversy.)

anyway, the place has pretty good pizza, too. Check it out, maybe you'll run into Trent's sister's best friend.

I have the perfect place for you. It's called (sadly) Pizza Orgasmica, but don't let the name fool you. It's in the Richmond area, and it's THE place to go for a Bills fan who finds himself in SF. I was there last year for the Jets game, which I think was Trent's first start. The place has about 8 TVs, all playing NFL games, and one of the guys there is a huge Bills fan and reserves a couch for Bills games. Couch? Yea, the place is a bit different: It's set up like separate little living rooms...end tables, couches, coffee table, etc. Best part is, it's not well known and rarely crowded. I showed up five minutes before kickoff and had the whole Bills nook to myself...that was until this chick and a couple of her friends showed up and started cheering very nervously for the Bills. We got to talking and it turns out this girl was Trent's sister's best friend. She grew up with Trent and couldn't believe she was watching him on national TV - every snap was nerve wracking for her. But she settled down as he started to kick some butt. She had nothing but good things to say about Trent, as you could imagine, and I think she was really happy to hear someone else who was behind him - (she had heard that we had a QB controversy.)

anyway, the place has pretty good pizza, too. Check it out, maybe you'll run into Trent's sister's best friend.

Richmond is scary. Bar sounds kinda cool though.