My new least favorite word.

Anybody else noticing this. The word, "Look!" at the beginning of a sentence when the candidate, or expert commentater, or pundit is making a statement, on camera. It's sort of a clarifying pause, or maybe just an attention grabber. I find it annoying and condescending, and it's become a red flag for me. What it really seems to mean is "Listen up, the gibberish I was just saying was important, but not as important as the gibberish I'm about to say." Or, "Now let me be completely honest." (What were they doing before?). Or, "OK, you're not understanding this, so let me simplify it for you." Or, "here come the talking points." It's now the standard exclamation, somehow asking for a non-visual to become a visual, and seemingly chanted to signal that the wisdom that is about to be revealed should not be questioned, the words having the importance of an edict, a proclamation, or perhaps a previously undisclosed truth. It's over used, and sticks out like a sore thumb. But maybe that's just me. Some will say it five or six times during a lengthy diatribe or debate. Look, just for the fun of it, lets take out our pads and pencils during next Sunday's talk shows, and count how many times they use it. And keep score. They all say it; but I'm willing to bet the Democrats say it more. We could even make it a drinking game. Everytime your side says it, you have to take a swig. :beer:

"To be honest" "I would assume that'....

And there is the old Capitol Hill KVIM... Thank you for expressing your concerns about....issue. I will be sure to keep your views in mind should this issue be considered by Congress and the White House in the coming months.

Can I ask you a question <followed by their question>