Sunday weather

davefan66

Based on the latest projections, Saturday is supposed to be the only real bad day on the East coast....and not even until later in the day. Sunday looks to be clear.

Locally we're being told to have preparations completed Friday afternoon as the weather will start to turn in the evening hours. Tidewater/Va Bch is expecting 40-60 mph sustained winds, 10-20% power outage, and tides up 3-4', which compared to some we've all seen is somewhat minor.

Unless you're the guy who loses all of his food because the power was out for a few days. Or the guy whose car is crushed under a fallen tree. That would suck bigtime.

@eball: :thumbsup:

Locally we're being told to have preparations completed Friday afternoon as the weather will start to turn in the evening hours. Tidewater/Va Bch is expecting 40-60 mph sustained winds, 10-20% power outage, and tides up 3-4', which compared to some we've all seen is somewhat minor.

Unless you're the guy who loses all of his food because the power was out for a few days. Or the guy whose car is crushed under a fallen tree. That would suck bigtime.

@eball: :thumbsup:

Mother in law lives on 49th, block off the beach, that should be fun!!!

What sucks is I am gunna be sitting in Scott Stadium hopefully watching Richmond kick UVA's ass while in the middle of this friggen storm. Dam, what a great tailgate thats gunna be!!!! Friggen 5 inches of rain and 30 mph winds

Mother in law lives on 49th, block off the beach, that should be fun!!!
I hear you. We moved this summer to a bungalow off of Shore Drive. We aren't "on" the ocean or bay, but on an inlet. The water is 35-40' from the edge of the deck (tiny back yard, huge front yard). It's an awesome little place that has survived since 1939, but I'll be watching very closely.

What sucks is I am gunna be sitting in Scott Stadium hopefully watching Richmond kick UVA's ass while in the middle of this friggen storm. Dam, what a great tailgate thats gunna be!!!! Friggen 5 inches of rain and 30 mph winds

Go HOOS! :thumbsup: j/k

Have fun but be sure to keep an eye on http://alert.richmond.edu/. And good luck Spiders.

As of 11am this morning, they have some interesting projections about Hanna. At 8am Sat the center of the storm is supposed to be over the South Carolina coast....somehow at 8am Sunday, the center is already over Boston. Is that storm booking or what?!? The swath of rain and wind is never shown over WNY.

It is not even going to be close to WNY on sunday. Well east of wny. But there are a couple a**holes on this board that got to put a damper on everything. Weather will be fine sunday. Partly sunny, low 70s. Trust me.

It is not even going to be close to WNY on sunday. Well east of wny. But there are a couple a**holes on this board that got to put a damper on everything. Weather will be fine sunday. Partly sunny, low 70s. Trust me.

:thumbsup: NICE! Can't wait.

GO BILLS!

No argument about the a-holes, but in defense of the original poster - the thread was started Tuesday and today's Thursday. Keeping a close eye on this thing, I've noticed the NOAA projections did have its cone of possibility covering part of WNY a couple of days ago.

so we are kinda in the middle of it now in Richmond. Raining like a biatch, but no real wind to speak of(15-20 mph), but I am on the west side of the storm. 60 miles away on th east side they are having 40 mph sustained. Calling for 4-6 inches where I live, all of it in the next 4 hrs or so, so like I said it is raining HARD.

Hopefully, looks like it will be mostly gone by 3.45 game time at UVA.

No argument about the a-holes, but in defense of the original poster - the thread was started Tuesday and today's Thursday. Keeping a close eye on this thing, I've noticed the NOAA projections did have its cone of possibility covering part of WNY a couple of days ago.

Thanks Campy.

I was not trying to put a damper on anything, just providing information. And yes, the storm was tracking to give us rain on Sunday earlier this week and has since moved farther east, and should not be a problem.