huhh??

Tcali

Thankee.

Biggest change: Schonert for Fairchild, something that he completely fails to mention. Ah well ...

Lori--I still think the big factors determining the Bills success will be the play of Trent and the passrush. Yes Schonert should help facilitate that(fingers crossed)

ok, I'll agree with the stellar defense question, but that article was really poorly done. A very inaccurate picture of the strengths and weaknesses of this team. So it's more about the writer than the outrageous compliment on the D.

By the way, please try to use more descriptive titles when you start a thread...

Thankee.

Biggest change: Schonert for Fairchild, something that he completely fails to mention. Ah well ...

The line seems to be a lot better since Mouse left as well. Let's see how it looks next Sunday and (hopefully) in the near future when Jason is back.

The line seems to be a lot better since Mouse left as well. Let's see how it looks next Sunday and (hopefully) in the near future when Jason is back.

That is ... interesting, isn't it? And I've been one of McNally's steadfast defenders.

As you say, we'll see what it looks like in the regular season, and (hopefully) with 71 back in the lineup at some point.

ok, I'll agree with the stellar defense question, but that article was really poorly done. A very inaccurate picture of the strengths and weaknesses of this team. So it's more about the writer than the outrageous compliment on the D.

By the way, please try to use more descriptive titles when you start a thread...

I didn't even bother to read the article. All I needed to hear was that part about the D to know it would be a waste of time.

BUT that article was really poorly done?? Of course it was poorly done...of course the stellar D comment was a tipoff.

Speaking of which, Colorado State lost to Colorado 17-38. Figures. :thumbsup:

I watched a good portion of the game and some of the play calling made me scratch my head. Twice on 3rd down, once on a 3rd and 7, the other on a 3rd in 4, he ran screen passes. The first was a WR Bubble screen, and the other was one to the FB. It should be noted that they have a talented RB that was gouging the Buffaloes for yards on every carry, but they opted to throw the second screen pass to a slower RB.

He does have a lot of work to do however...they looked decent at times, other times, they weren't good at all.

That is ... interesting, isn't it? And I've been one of McNally's steadfast defenders.

As you say, we'll see what it looks like in the regular season, and (hopefully) with 71 back in the lineup at some point.

Interesting is a good word for it. :thumbsup:

The guy did a fantastic job at his past stops, I really had high hopes for what he could do here.

You know better than to put a lot of stock in preseason scrimmages. Wasn't McNally the guy that developed Jason Peters? Didn't the line come together last year and do pretty well in pass pro? I don't think you should be eager to go 180 and throw McNally under the bus wheels.

Pardon me if I need to see Schonert going up against a defense with a real game plan to stop him before assuming he walks on water.

Um, no. Bills D was 31st in total yards allowed, 25th in rush yards allowed, 29th in passing yards allowed, 18th in points allowed in 2007.

Source: NFL Game Statistics & Information System.

This is what makes me think our D last year, and now, is better than the #s suggest. Let's face it, with the way the O played last year...(IMO this is starting to look more and more like Fairchild's fault-->Hamdan? driving the ball down the field all game with second teamers and a LT who has barely been in pads for 2 years?)...the D was on the field way more often than they should have been, thus giving opponents more time to rack up stats against them.

But, when you look at the amount of points allowed, they move up significantly, and this is the most important team D stat anyway. I'll look for some sort of yards/# of times defense on the field stat....