Ashton Youboty

Got_Wood

I'm not sure why he's even considered a bubble player on this team. He's made more big plays than any of the other corners on the roster, in practice and in games. And he has far more ability than Will James.

Yes, he has to prove he can be consistent on the field. He made a fairly obvious mistake against Pitt a couple weeks ago. And there are some mental errors here and there. But overall, he's been very solid.

I'm wondering if the Bills are calling him a bubble guy because they don't want to end up giving him a lucrative extension.

I'm not sure why he's even considered a bubble player on this team. He's made more big plays than any of the other corners on the roster, in practice and in games. And he has far more ability than Will James.

Yes, he has to prove he can be consistent on the field. He made a fairly obvious mistake against Pitt a couple weeks ago. And there are some mental errors here and there. But overall, he's been very solid.

I'm wondering if the Bills are calling him a bubble guy because they don't want to end up giving him a lucrative extension.

I agree. I was worried about him last year but he has shown me enough in the pre-season to make the team. I hope he keeps improving at this pace.

The guy on the bubble is Will James. All I could find about his contract was from Clump, and he's making just $750K this year and apparently got no signing bonus. However what may happen is that the Bills could keep 6 DB's and maybe go with 6 LB's (putting Buggs or Costanza on the PS), and look to trade James.

The guy on the bubble is Will James. All I could find about his contract was from Clump, and he's making just $750K this year and apparently got no signing bonus. However what may happen is that the Bills could keep 6 DB's and maybe go with 6 LB's (putting Buggs or Costanza on the PS), and look to trade James.

With that contract just cut him. Ashton has never been a liability on the field IMO. He just hasnt been on the field much