Anyone been to Johnny's pizzaria?

twist_to_open

Just curious. Had wings tonite and got remenicesent about Johnnys at Cleveland and Union Dr. I remember growing up I used to practically live there! And to this day I have never had a better wing, pizza, or sub (or hogie, grinder...whatever) than I did there.

Just curious. Had wings tonite and got remenicesent about Johnnys at Cleveland and Union Dr. I remember growing up I used to practically live there! And to this day I have never had a better wing, pizza, or sub (or hogie, grinder...whatever) than I did there.

Free JB's

I haven't eaten there in over a year, but I drive by it everyday on my way to work. :oops:

Great lasagna too, IIRC . . .

We would eat at Johnny's after our basketball games in HS. You just took me back almost 20 years.

Thx...

I didn't eat at Johnny's this weekend but I had pizza a couple of times, being home for the UB game. There's no question Buffalo-style pizza is a separate type of pie: softer, almost pillowy crust, lots of cheese, and narrow, thick cut pepperoni that forms little cups of grease when baked. So bad for you but so tasty.

PTR

God I miss Buffalo pizza. I mean...I've been to out of the way hole in the walls on the outskirts of the suburbs and the pizza was still phenomenal..-One of the wonderful things about coming back to Buffalo for visits.

God I miss Buffalo pizza. I mean...I've been to out of the way hole in the walls on the outskirts of the suburbs and the pizza was still phenomenal..-One of the wonderful things about coming back to Buffalo for visits.

Not to bring up old wounds, but when the Sabres were playing Dallas for the Stanley Cup, USA Today had sent out a reporter to do background, cultural stories on the two cities. Apparently, the writer went to Dallas first. I read his story about Buffalo, and in the story, the writer mentioned being able to buy better tasting pizza from a vendor on a street corner in Buffalo than he could find anywhere in Dallas.