Rock you like a hurricane

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet they are still trying to blame Democrats. Sure the mayor was an idiot, but on Fox News a second ago and Republican Hack and a Dem started were talking about the convention and he went into a Diatribe about the Dems not doing their job and she handed him his ass, stating Bush was uninvolved he had a crony in charge of FEMA and they were caught with their pants down. He kept say Democrat part as an insult and she said whatever, she hoped everyone did better this time and didn't want to rehash Katrina. He looked like an A-hole and the Fox mediators shut the debate down.

P.S. Bush not attending the Republican Convention is a good thing for McCain. But it will be a worse thing for him if the WH doesn't handle the aftermath of this hurricane well.

Then it helps McCain...He's for offshore drilling...and would prove his point. We seem to only have rigs in the gulf which is prone to hurricanes. Alaska, California and the east coast of Florida are much less prone to hurricanes.

Maybe, or it further supports Obama's call for alternative energy efforts which McCain has consistently opposed.

Yet they are still trying to blame Democrats. Sure the mayor was an idiot, but on Fox News a second ago and Republican Hack and a Dem started were talking about the convention and he went into a Diatribe about the Dems not doing their job and she handed him his ass, stating Bush was uninvolved he had a crony in charge of FEMA and they were caught with their pants down. He kept say Democrat part as an insult and she said whatever, she hoped everyone did better this time and didn't want to rehash Katrina. He looked like an A-hole and the Fox mediators shut the debate down.

P.S. Bush not attending the Republican Convention is a good thing for McCain. But it will be a worse thing for him if the WH doesn't handle the aftermath of this hurricane well.

You weren't on this board then, but I can't remember how many times people responded to the "It's Bush 's fault" parrots that FEMA can't come in until the GOVERNOR declares a disaster area and ASKS then to come in. That :thumbsup: idiot governor Blanco was asked by Bush BEFORE Katrina hit to ask for FEMA , AND SHE DIDN'T! :flirt: Nagin :wacko: (Chocolate City) told people to go to the Superdome without any supplies for them there and let those hundreds of school buses sit and get flooded. The copters etc can't be stationed there because they will be destroyed by the hurricane too. :wallbash: As soon as the choppers got there and bases were set up for gas and supplies for them, they started picking people off roofs.

Compare that to Jindal. He has asked for FEMA help already. He has the National Guard helping in the evacuation. Ask Aussiew how F'd up it was with Nagin and Blanco. She made it out in one of the last few flights last time.

Actually I thought the Dems did an awesome job after Katrina through their demonstration of steadfast leadership. Governor Kathleen Blanco crying on national television really set an inspiring tone for all of New Orleans to follow. And in fact, that's exactly what they did...they've followed her lead and whined and cried ever since the eeeevil Bushman didn't give them what they deserve. And then he tried to poison the whole population by providing trailers that had formaldehye in them! Bishop Headd-why hasn't he been impeached yet? WTF Over? We all know he hates Blacks...that should be reason enough right?

You weren't on this board then, but I can't remember how many times people responded to the "It's Bush 's fault" parrots that FEMA can't come in until the GOVERNOR declares a disaster area and ASKS then to come in. That :thumbsup: idiot governor Blanco was asked by Bush BEFORE Katrina hit to ask for FEMA , AND SHE DIDN'T! :flirt: Nagin :wacko: (Chocolate City) told people to go to the Superdome without any supplies for them there and let those hundreds of school buses sit and get flooded. The copters etc can't be stationed there because they will be destroyed by the hurricane too. :wallbash: As soon as the choppers got there and bases were set up for gas and supplies for them, they started picking people off roofs.

Compare that to Jindal. He has asked for FEMA help already. He has the National Guard helping in the evacuation. Ask Aussiew how F'd up it was with Nagin and Blanco. She made it out in one of the last few flights last time.

I was on the board then, just didn't respond much. Blanco did ask for help, just not in triplicate formally. She thought her verbal request did the job. Obviously, her people were not prepared to know the procedure to do so in DC bureaucratic eaze, but she did reach out with her phone call. I agree Nagin blew it, but so did Bush's FEMA tool.

They WH played politics with this one, but Bush is suppose to be above it on one of these things and his folks could have done a lot more to cut through the red tape. He finally sent that general through to clean up things.

P.S. I went there the following December to take photos of a volunteer group from Amherst, MA as we were driving across country. Here is a link to a couple of those photos, including the first wedding in NO after Katrina. http://www.afischerphotography.com/news0003.html, http://www.afischerphotography.com/news0004.html, http://www.afischerphotography.com/news0005.html

I find it really ironic that a potentially lethal storm is on path to hit New Orleans (let's hope it doesn't) almost exactly three years after Katrina, while the republicons hold their convention.

If it does hit NOLA hard you might as well turn the lights out for the GOP this election.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0808/548514.html

Put down the Mike Moore Kool-aid, There are Republican Governor's in La, Tx and Mississippi and all indications are that they will do the right thing without crying about it... Much more orderly than before... :thumbsup:

I was on the board then, just didn't respond much. Blanco did ask for help, just not in triplicate formally. She thought her verbal request did the job. Obviously, her people were not prepared to know the procedure to do so in DC bureaucratic eaze, but she did reach out with her phone call. I agree Nagin blew it, but so did Bush's FEMA tool.

They WH played politics with this one, but Bush is suppose to be above it on one of these things and his folks could have done a lot more to cut through the red tape. He finally sent that general through to clean up things.

P.S. I went there the following December to take photos of a volunteer group from Amherst, MA as we were driving across country. Here is a link to a couple of those photos, including the first wedding in NO after Katrina. http://www.afischerphotography.com/news0003.html, http://www.afischerphotography.com/news0004.html, http://www.afischerphotography.com/news0005.html

Ummm your avitar says you joined the Board on January 31, 2006.... were you with Hillary when she was under sniper fire in Bosnia as well? My recollection is that Katrina hit in August 2005.... :thumbsup::wacko:

Ummm your avitar says you joined the Board on January 31, 2006.... were you with Hillary when she was under sniper fire in Bosnia as well? My recollection is that Katrina hit in August 2005.... :thumbsup::wacko:

Sorry, I was a lurker for a couple of years. Mostly on the football side of things, but when I worked on the Hill, I couldn't respond on the political side because of my job. Also, I think that I had another avatar for a while. Can't remember my avatar (likely North Buffalo) but not sure and decided on this one in '06. So whatever. I remember the debate on this board and got active in '06 when I was in San Diego after driving through NO.

Bush actually called the governors on the Gulf Coast a couple of days ago to notify them that a hurrican' was a-comin' and his crack Administration was standing by to help.

All that proves is that even mental midgets can learn.

If you watch the special Gustav Channel (it's on DirecTV, which I am sure all those folks making $6/hour down there get right) you will see that the local agencies are bearing the brunt of evacuation. Obviously that's what they're there for, but it costs a lot of money. We'll see after it's all over if there's any relief from the Feds.

Sorry, I was a lurker for a couple of years. Mostly on the football side of things, but when I worked on the Hill, I couldn't respond on the political side because of my job. Also, I think that I had another avatar for a while. Can't remember my avatar (likely North Buffalo) but not sure and decided on this one in '06. So whatever. I remember the debate on this board and got active in '06 when I was in San Diego after driving through NO.

:thumbsup: OK... were you with hillary back then as well?

Doesn't change the fact that La State and Local agency's acted terribly in contrast to TX and Miss... why was that?

Ok maybe the East Coast of FLA was a bad example...Still most Florida hurricanes occur in the Gulf of Mexico.

Have you ever gone diving or snorkeling in the Florida Keys or Dry Tortugas? What you see there is all the argument you need against more drilling off the FLA Coast. It should remain off limits.

:thumbsup: OK... were you with hillary back then as well?

Doesn't change the fact that La State and Local agency's acted terribly in contrast to TX and Miss... why was that?

No, wasn't with Hillary ever, though help her staff out a couple of times.

Agree that LA State and Local Agencies were caught with their pants down, but the Bush response was pathetic as well initially and then is was SNAFUd until he final fired the FEMA guy and got the General with the National guard in there.

Miss has hit hard but wasn't flooded and they have a heckuv a time too but they were not flooded. Helped that Halley Barbor was the Governor both from a partisan standpoint but more so because he knew Washington from his days at the RNC and new which strings to pull and which phone calls and forms to fill out. Sorry, I still believe the WH played politics with this one initially.

The Texas response to Rita in the Port Charles area was a joke. They never got an audience on TV so no attention was paid to it. NO actually had a better response as pathetic as that sounds. Port Charles looked like a bomb had gone off, but no one was there to help out even in January when we went through.

NO had tons of folks helping out, Miss had more. Port Charles had nothing, don't give me that crap.

No, wasn't with Hillary ever, though help her staff out a couple of times.

Agree that LA State and Local Agencies were caught with their pants down, but the Bush response was pathetic as well initially and then is was SNAFUd until he final fired the FEMA guy and got the General with the National guard in there.

Miss has hit hard but wasn't flooded and they have a heckuv a time too but they were not flooded. Helped that Halley Barbor was the Governor both from a partisan standpoint but more so because he knew Washington from his days at the RNC and new which strings to pull and which phone calls and forms to fill out. Sorry, I still believe the WH played politics with this one initially.

The Texas response to Rita in the Port Charles area was a joke. They never got an audience on TV so no attention was paid to it. NO actually had a better response as pathetic as that sounds. Port Charles looked like a bomb had gone off, but no one was there to help out even in January when we went through.

NO had tons of folks helping out, Miss had more. Port Charles had nothing, don't give me that crap.

As some who was actually did responded to both Katrina and Rita (not to drop names as you have :wacko: ), you could not be any wrong... NO had resources of a large american city at its disposal and did next to nothing... waited for a handout from Uncle Sam....

When do you go through with your good friend Hillary? Did you wear kevlar to protect you against the snipers? :thumbsup:

McCain is now considering cancelling the whole convention if Gustav hits Nola hard like it is expected to. Unreal! What else can the party do though...hold a telethon? Be real.

This also short circuits their plan to introduce their newest shing star Sarah "melt the polar icecaps" Palin to an adoring public.

Lights out for GOP in '08.

McCain is now considering cancelling the whole convention if Gustav hits Nola hard like it is expected to. Unreal! What else can the party do though...hold a telethon? Be real.

This also short circuits their plan to introduce their newest shing star Sarah "melt the polar icecaps" Palin to an adoring public.

Lights out for GOP in '08.

Heard they call her the hottest Governor from the coldest State :thumbsup: