Goodell Reinstates Pacman Jones

Bmwolf21

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has informed the Dallas Cowboys that cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has been fully reinstated, making him eligible to play in the regular-season opener in Cleveland.

The NFL was expected to make a formal announcement later Thursday.

"It feels good man, you know, to get a second chance and I just have to take advantage of it," Jones told The Dallas Morning News. "First and foremost, I don't want to let myself down, definitely my little girl down. I'm thankful for Jerry [Jones], the fans in Dallas and my teammates for believing in me. I need to keep doing what I've been doing to get reinstated, staying with myself and my teammates and staying away from those knuckleheads and just stay focused."

Earlier this month, Jones said he had sent a letter to Goodell asking to be allowed to play this season.

----

Jones Timeline

Adam "Pacman" Jones has been arrested six times and involved in 12 incidents requiring police intervention since being drafted in 2005. He was suspended from February 2007 to August 2008. A quick timeline since 2007:

Feb. 19, 2007: Jones is alleged to have been involved in a shooting at a Las Vegas nightclub. Jones was charged with two felony counts of coercion stemming from allegations that he threatened to kill club employees and scuffled with a bar bouncer. He was never charged in the shooting.

April 10, 2007: Jones suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. The suspension could be re-evaluated after the 10th regular-season game.

Dec. 13, 2007: Players Association files an appeal on behalf of Jones, who has not been reinstated.

April 1, 2008: Goodell says that he will have a decision on reinstating Jones prior to training camp.

April 23, 2008: Jones traded to Dallas for fourth-round draft pick and a conditional pick.

June 2, 2008: NFL allows Jones to participate in organized team activities, practice and preseason games.

Aug. 28, 2008: Jones reinstated and may play Week 1 of 2009 season.

-- ESPN.com

LINK