Remember when people had rights in this country?

DrDawkinstein

does it really matter which one? are you ok with cops cross-checking people during a protest? and then hauling them off when they are being interviewed about being attacked?

If someone says "F*cking do it again" to a police officer already threatening him/her with billy club, I have no sympathy for them. Maybe the police officer overreacted, but we have no context to this video. Be calm, polite, and respectful to armed police officers and only then do you have the right to complain if you get roughed up.

DON'T TAZE ME BRO.

:thumbsup::blink::w00t: moral of the story is dont protest...if you have time to waste, go visit a disabled vet and talk to him...take a fatherless kid to a baseball game....etc

That's funny... I thought the moral was those cops are so angry that god blessed them with small manhoods that they went aggressively after a female protester. I hope they feel better now, poor guys. :ph34r:

If someone says "F*cking do it again" to a police officer already threatening him/her with billy club, I have no sympathy for them. Maybe the police officer overreacted, but we have no context to this video. Be calm, polite, and respectful to armed police officers and only then do you have the right to complain if you get roughed up.

DON'T TAZE ME BRO.

completely agreed with your entire post as far as how to deal with the police.

but the guy already pushed her once, and his reply of a cross-check and "BACK IT UP B word!" is totally unacceptable.

I get why people think it's funny the way the cop responded to her taunting but I think as a police officer he should ignore her taunts unless he fells threatened. I think the police should be held to a higher moral standard. If they react as the rest of the mob then they lose the respect of the mob. The over-reaction is uncalled for and he should be punished.

where have all the real patriots gone?

Honestly, taken in the context in which this video offers- some broad getting BLOWN UP by a big burly pig -it's pretty horrific. Do we know what she was encroaching on, the cause of the protest, the reason cops had to come in the first place?

Protests happen ALL THE TIME without the cops having to touch anyone. Sure, they often show up, just to make sure things don't get out of hand, but when things do go awry, the cops swoop in and try to difuse the situation to preserve order. I'm okay with that. Some idiots confuse the term 'protest' with terms like 'riot' or 'opportunity to loot.'

I would have liked to seen the minutes leading up to this video.

does it really matter which one? are you ok with cops cross-checking people during a protest? and then hauling them off when they are being interviewed about being attacked?

I just wondered if you were posting because you think there was a time when cops were above this.

Police officers are human and certainly prone to overreact. God knows if I had someone screaming in my face for an entire shift, I might cross-check her too. That doesn't make it right, but it happens. If you're respectful to a police officer, you usually get respect back. If not, and you draw an over-reaction, you shouldn't whine about it AND the police officer should get in trouble.

Somehow, I went to the store earlier today, walked by a cop and managed to not get arrested. I wonder how that happened?

Not saying the cop didn't overreact, but come on people, use a little common sense and you may manage to be able to protest and still go home that night.

I just wondered if you were posting because you think there was a time when cops were above this.

oh. haha, no.

i understand that police are only human and they can only take so much while putting their neck out on the line everyday.

but i take great offense when the Police are used to protect the government from the people. especially when they get dirty about it. the recent examples of Undercover Cops being planted in the crowd dressed as protesters and trying to incite the other protesters into throwing rocks at cops... disgusting.