NFL Players-Financial Scam Story

I thought it was interesting that 5 of the players below played for the Bills at the same time...

PLAYERS SAY THEY WERE SCAMMED IN INVESTMENT

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2008, 3:13 p.m.

A group of former and current NFL players has filed a lawsuit against UBS, saying they were swindled out of money in an investment they made through the Swiss bank.

The plaintiffs in the lawsuit, which was first reported at TMZ.com, include former NFL quarterbacks Drew Bledsoe, Kelly Holcomb, Rick Mirer, Craig Nall, and Alex Van Pelt, current Saints tight end Mark Campbell and current Eagles long snapper Jon Dorenbos.

The lawsuit centers on an investment the players made in a company called Pay by Touch, which allowed consumers to buy products by putting their fingertips on a sensor and having the cost automatically deducted from their checking accounts. The company shut down without notifying its customers in March. (As a customer who regularly used Pay by Touch at my local grocery store, I’m still annoyed.)

The players say UBS should be held accountable for the money they lost investing in the company because it concealed the criminal past of John Rogers, the founder of Pay by Touch. TMZ reports that Pay by Touch raised $130 million from investors and ended up making $700,000.

I thought it was interesting that 5 of the players below played for the Bills at the same time...

A group of former and current NFL players has filed a lawsuit against UBS, saying they were swindled out of money in an investment they made through the Swiss bank.

The plaintiffs in the lawsuit, which was first reported at TMZ.com, include former NFL quarterbacks Drew Bledsoe, Kelly Holcomb, Rick Mirer, Craig Nall, and Alex Van Pelt, current Saints tight end Mark Campbell and current Eagles long snapper Jon Dorenbos.

The lawsuit centers on an investment the players made in a company called Pay by Touch, which allowed consumers to buy products by putting their fingertips on a sensor and having the cost automatically deducted from their checking accounts. The company shut down without notifying its customers in March. (As a customer who regularly used Pay by Touch at my local grocery store, I’m still annoyed.)

The players say UBS should be held accountable for the money they lost investing in the company because it concealed the criminal past of John Rogers, the founder of Pay by Touch. TMZ reports that Pay by Touch raised $130 million from investors and ended up making $700,000.

Just an enterprising guy who made money. Quit picking on him.

Translations: These nitwits invested in something because it sounded cool and did zero due diligence of their own before putting their money into this speculative venture. Then when it went bust some scumbag lawyer told them they could sue because Rogers is a fellow scumbag who used to blow coke and beat his wife....as if that had something to do with the failure of Pay by Touch.

According to The Sundowner, Eric Moulds has filed suit for the Pay by Touch fiasco as well. The only difference is that the finger needs to be read up to the 2nd knuckle and not just the print.

I wish people really knew how true this statement is.

I was at the 'Downer for two separate bachelor parties back in the late 90s or early 2000s, and both times we saw EM.

Actually 6 of these guys are former bills.