Quesion for the group

youngunz

I am always in favor of players renegotiating their contracts when they are under paid. Especially in a system where there are no gaurenteed contract and Owners can cut a player at any point in the contract -- another topic for another day--

But the question for the group when a player holds out, they are basically holding the team hostage

- team keeps roster spot open

- current salary applied to cap

- create discontent with other players

- etc.

Usually when the player signs the deal (after holding out), they end up hurt for that season.

So with all that said, can the team make a retalatory strike against the player, by suspending him for "cunduct detramental to the team"?

Not only would the player be fines, but would / could have to pay back some of the original signing bonus.

You think agent would think twice about having guys sit out?

I am always in favor of players renegotiating their contracts when they are under paid. Especially in a system where there are no gaurenteed contract and Owners can cut a player at any point in the contract -- another topic for another day--

But the question for the group when a player holds out, they are basically holding the team hostage

- team keeps roster spot open

- current salary applied to cap

- create discontent with other players

- etc.

Usually when the player signs the deal (after holding out), they end up hurt for that season.

So with all that said, can the team make a retalatory strike against the player, by suspending him for "cunduct detramental to the team"?

Not only would the player be fines, but would / could have to pay back some of the original signing bonus.

You think agent would think twice about having guys sit out?

Its my understanding the team can go after the signing bonus once a player misses a regular season game.

This is all negotiated in the CBA. The players have their rights, and the teams have theirs. Of course it isn't a perfect fit for every situation, but it's a good start. If a player under contract doesn't report, the options available to the team are spelled out quite specifically.

I read elsewhere that per the current CBA the Bills may be able to go after a portion of Peters' signing bonus if he doesn't report for the regular season. I'm not in the mood right now to sift through the CBA text to determine if that's accurate.

Here's a question for the group- what taking so long with Lee Evans getting extended- He's the guy everyone points to as how Peters should have handled his contract and yet still no contract- if he not signed before the regular season he will probably test free agency.

Here's a question for the group- what taking so long with Lee Evans getting extended- He's the guy everyone points to as how Peters should have handled his contract and yet still no contract- if he not signed before the regular season he will probably test free agency.

Not necessarily Evans has siad he wants to stay, a deal will get done soon and if not right after the season but Evans will eb a Bill for a while i hope anyway