It's a good thing fans don't run the Bills' organization

eball

And yet some of those underperforming players are Pro Bowlers too. Are you saying that only Pro Bowlers have a right to hold out? You wouldn't get on your horse for a player like Donte Whitner?

PTR

Whitner is not underpaid, pro bowler or not, I wouldn't support a hold out by a player looking for more money when he is already being adequately compensated. Whitner was what, the 8th pick in the draft? His initial contract, signed by the way after a hold out, was huge. Peters' first contract was for league minumum and despite the first extension they did, he is still underpaid. In fact, I am not sure anyone during this whole debate has ever seriously argued that he isn't currently underpaid.

Slippery slope arguments can be made in any situation and are usually intellecuatly empty. I think it was an old Woody Allen movie where one of his characters said of slippery slope arguments that "...if every one in Russion ordered blintzes on a tuesday there would be chaos..." Fortunately, it is extremely unlikely that everyone is going to order a blintz tommorow and it is just as unlikely that we will have a long line of objectively underpaid pro bowlers on our hands resulting in hold out chaos.

And yet some of those underperforming players are Pro Bowlers too. Are you saying that only Pro Bowlers have a right to hold out? You wouldn't get on your horse for a player like Donte Whitner?

PTR

No - amateur bowlers can hold out too. But maybe if they gave up the bowling, they'd perform better at football. In Peters' case, he didn't under-perform in the Pro Bowl because he tore up his groin and couldn't play. Probably still can't.

But he's gonna have plenty of time for bowling. :angry:

Why waste money on damaged goods?

Walker was hurt, we should trade him. Hardy is hurt, we should cut him today. JP hurt his thumb so I guess we should have him pack his bags today too. We will have to say good bye to roscoe too. They are all damaged goods thus any money spent on them is "a waste".

Walker was hurt, we should trade him. Hardy is hurt, we should cut him today. JP hurt his thumb so I guess we should have him pack his bags today too. We will have to say good bye to roscoe too. They are all damaged goods thus any money spent on them is "a waste".

WTF are you talkin about? Are any of those guys refusing to show up for work? Any of 'em asking for more money? Get a grip, son.

I didn't say anything about cutting Peters, and I certainly wouldn't give him the trade he may be seeking. Any deal would probably be voided anyway, after Peters fails his physical.