This is just sad

Saying peoples names wrong, "Paul Poshtooshy" or whatever butchering of the name it was, long pauses, stuttering, a lot of "maybe..." and "about..." sentences, and when the punt was just downed, it was clearly around the 17 or 16 yard line and the commentator says "it's down at about the 22, 23... er the 18, 19 yard line."

Somebody needs to put these guys out of their misery...

Plus... No Moorman tonight? D.J. Fitzpatrick was in to punt, and Justin Jenkins started.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying peoples names wrong, "Paul Poshtooshy" or whatever butchering of the name it was, long pauses, stuttering, a lot of "maybe..." and "about..." sentences, and when the punt was just downed, it was clearly around the 17 or 16 yard line and the commentator says "it's down at about the 22, 23... er the 18, 19 yard line."

Plus... No Moorman tonight? D.J. Fitzpatrick was in to punt, and Justin Jenkins started.

Seems like Fred Jackson is back to return the punt. Yeah, sure seems like it.

It's embarrassing. I've seen better PbP guys covering HS football games. Guys who seem to do more pre-game research and do a much better job at describing the plays and reading the field.

Just five seconds ago - "Lindell in to try a 26, err, 36-yard FG..."

WTF? How can you be off 10 yards with the call WHEN YOU HAVE A SPOTTER IN THE BOOTH WITH YOU?!?

Apparently the regular announcing crew is Collingsworth, Faulk, and Sanders.

Collingsworth is covering the Olympics for NBC. I'm not sure who is subbing for him. I saw the three announcers before the game started. Recognized him along with Faulk and Sanders, but don't recall who he is. My initial thought when I saw them was "this must be the studio coverage, there's no way they would have these clowns calling a game."

I'm probably in the minority, but I think Deion has actually sounded decent and has been the best of the three.

Course that's not saying much, and I'm used to his unintelligble garbage from the pregame shows, but still...

I knew it was going to be bad as soon as I saw who was doing the game.

But THIS bad ??!?!?

:cringing:

However, I will give Deion credit for busting Faulk's chops. "Did you just say 'we'? What's this 'we'? Didn't we just watch them retire your jersey in St. Louis last year," or words to that effect ...

Say it with me Marshall, LAHS-MAN....earn your fcking paycheck!

OK seriously, now - is it ignorance, stupidity, laziness, what? How the :w00t: can you be a game announcer for the NFL and not spend 5 minutes looking at the roster and the pronunciation guide?

Frigging ridiculous that you can't pronounce the names of guys who have been in the league for a few years.