No James Hardy tonight?

Stl Bills

Don't know if this has already been discussed (couldn't find it anywhere) but Hardy isn't traveling with the team for tonight's game according to the article on TBD. :thumbsup: Really hope this hammy doesn't linger much longer.

Linky

Rich Gensler just busted on Hardy on the radio pre-game. Kind of questioned his desire and heart. Said "I am not saying he is faking the injury but his reputation in college was not the best work ethic."

Rich Gensler just busted on Hardy on the radio pre-game. Kind of questioned his desire and heart. Said "I am not saying he is faking the injury but his reputation in college was not the best work ethic."

sports radio is the only medium which is consistently more retarded than the internet/message boards.

there, people get rewarded and paid for being the loudest troll.

So let me understand this...Gensler would like Hardy to participate in a meaningless preseason game and risk tearing is hamstring which would mean a minimum of being lost 8-10 weeks?

Firsthand experience lets me know that hamstring injuries are among the most annoying inuries of all. I played soccer in college along with a lot of other intramural/pickup sports with guys in the dorms. Hamstring pulls feel fine after a few days of rest, but if you go back and try and run and play sports, within about 10 minutes you re-pull it, just a little worse than before. You rest, let it heal for a few days...feels fine...go back and try it again and the same thing happens...

Eventually after having this happen for about a month, I was running and made a quick cut playing football and heard what I could only describe as taking a phone book and tearing it in half...I fell flat on my face about 5 feet from the endzone, screaming and writhing in pain, the other players on the field were like "WTF was that sound!?!?". The muscle started cramping and spasming and the pain was almost unbearable. I ended up being carted off the field with a torn hamstring which took about 2 months to heal(and this was only for a partial tear). Obviously I didn't have NFL caliber trainers working on it everyday, so that probably meant an extra 2 or 3 weeks, but still...muscle tears are no joke...

The moral of the story is that hamstring injuries are no joke and they feel fine after a little rest, but any type of strenuous activity or hard running is going to result in a repeat injury that gets more serious each time it happens...much better to rest and wait until you are absolutely sure it is healed properly as sometimes even waiting a week or 2 weeks isn't enough time and you will reinjure it again...Kudos to the Bills staff for not risking a potential longer term more serious injury for a BS game that has no meaning...