McCain's five words that sealed my vote...

And there's a hurricane pathing towards New Orleans on the eve of the Republican convention :ph34r:

Republican politicians up for reelection throughout the Gulf Coast are praying it comes their way so they have an excuse not to attend and be seen there.

After all the critics made to the Bush administration after Katrina, it'd be ironic to see the rep convention affected by a new hurricane on NO....

Jindal (a Republican) is the governor now. If it does head that way, they will be ready, unlike with Katrina when the governor and mayor sat on their asses.

Jindal (a Republican) is the governor now. If it does head that way, they will be ready, unlike with Katrina when the governor and mayor sat on their asses.

it's not the matter of what may actually happen (i hope they're a little more ready !!!!) but the irony and how it 'd be seen outside Louisiana and outside the US .

No Darin. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't. That is my point. Why can't we get economic conservatism AND someone who errs on the side of KEEPING freedoms rather than eliminating them? Politcs and "religion" just don't mix. Politics is and should always be about the bottom line only...the ECONOMIC bottom line. Taxes should be low. Services should be fairly minimal. Necessary programs (i.e. defense) should be funded. Regulation should be fairly restrained. These things all benefit the bottom line. And at the end of the day, legal abortion, gay marriage and other social issues du jour just do not change my paycheck any. Therefore they are OK. This is a free country and as many things as possible ought to remain that way.

I completely share your disdain for Mr. McCain. I particularly love the fact that his campaign calls him a "maverick".

And this country is free in slogans only.