Anyone watching USA Bastketball

K-Gun10

The game is getting alittle rough which is nice to see. Spain switched to a zone and the US cannot get a bucket to get them out of it. I am glad they got Kidd out of there, he was getting used by Navarro. The US has got to hit those threes.

The game is getting alittle rough which is nice to see. Spain switched to a zone and the US cannot get a bucket to get them out of it. I am glad they got Kidd out of there, he was getting used by Navarro. The US has got to hit those threes.

I really have no idea why Kidd is on the team. He is what they needed 4 years ago instead of Marbury. Now that they actually have young, unselfish PG's like Williams & Paul who can do everything Kidd can do and shoot better - he's getting minutes. WTF

This team was made a few years ago when Kidd was still relevant as a point guard. I think they start him out of respect for what he has done for basketball. Kidd was exposed by Paul last year in the playoffs and is on the decline.

The pick and roll is killing the US.

I think I've already had enough of the Kobe ballwashing. Some big shots, but Collins can't point out that his dumb plays were a huge reason the lead was cut to 2 in the first place.

I guess that is one of the benefits of not watching the game in the US. I couldnt understand what my announcers were saying (they were speaking german). They showed Kobe go over and give someone with a headset on a hug. It must have been Collins. Kobe did take some ill-advised shot in that stretch where Spain got back into the game. Both Kobe and Wade hit huge shots though at the end. At times the US got lazy on defense but when they needed a stop they buckled down and got it.

For those that care, France is up 8 on Iceland in the Men's Handball final w/ 10 minutes to go in the 2nd. How come the US cant get a handball team together? It actually looks kind of fun.

I just got done watching the game on tivo. There were two things that stood out... 1) the game was close and the USA won, and 2) the players were genuinely excited to win. I haven't seen a soul in the NBA show genuine happy emotions in about 10 years, not counting the paul pierce outburst after the celtics won in june. That simple celebration may have peaked my interest for a couple games of the upcoming nba season.

This team was made a few years ago when Kidd was still relevant as a point guard. I think they start him out of respect for what he has done for basketball. Kidd was exposed by Paul last year in the playoffs and is on the decline.

The pick and roll is killing the US.

Probably true, and for USA Basketball specifically. I think the announcers said he has never lost a game with Team USA - they're something like 56-0 when he's on the roster.

Maybe he was just a good-luck charm.

I think I've already had enough of the Kobe ballwashing. Some big shots, but Collins can't point out that his dumb plays were a huge reason the lead was cut to 2 in the first place.

You have a point, but the guy did make a few decent plays down the stretch that were key.

Directly either scoring or dishing for 10 consecutive points in the 4th quarter when Spain cut the lead to 2, to effectively win a gold medal for your country, is a decent reason to wash someone's balls.

Congrats to USA...They played hard the entire way and were determined to win gold. Nice showing. This squad would've beat the '04 USA team by 30.