HBO Hard Knock with the Cowboys

That really is a myth. All sticking up for Ronnie Jones did was give Ralph an excuse to yank Wade's health insurance & try not to pay him.

The real reason Wade got fired-Tom Donahoe came in and wanted his own man. Go back to his quotes before the 2001 season where after he hired Gregg Williams he made some very unflattering quotes about the way the Bills were previously coached. There was no way Donahoe was going to keep Wade. Jones was just a convienient excuse to do what they were going to do anyway.

ummm...while Donahoe deserves blame for a lot of stuff, Wade was let go on January 7, 2001...Donahoe was hired on the 10th.

As I recall, technically Wade quit. He was given an ultimatum by Ralph. Fire Jones or else. Did Wade think Ralph was bluffing or did he actually think that Jones would keep his job if Wade left?

ummm...while Donahoe deserves blame for a lot of stuff, Wade was let go on January 7, 2001...Donahoe was hired on the 10th.

As I recall, technically Wade quit. He was given an ultimatum by Ralph. Fire Jones or else. Did Wade think Ralph was bluffing or did he actually think that Jones would keep his job if Wade left?

Donahoe was in negotiations long before he was named on the 10th. I had no doubts that all Ralph did was clear out the Coach before Donahoe became official. Donahoe wanted nothing to do with Wade. If Wade had been Coach on the 10th, he wouldn't have been on the 11th.

What got him fired was not getting rid of his incompetent friend, Ronnie Jones. Worst Assistant coach in history.

Thanks for the Ronnie Jones reset- just when Bobby April was making me get over the firing of Bruce DeHaven and the hiring of Ronnie Jones. :ph34r:

If reports on ESPN.com at the time are to be believed, Donohoe held off on taking the job until Wade was let go. He liked Wade personally and demanded that he not be the one responsible for firing him (although he clearly wanted him gone).