kerrys malaise vs GWB's Optimism

Just wondering with only 13 days left, when is kerry going to bring out the fact that we are in a “terrible malaise” reminiscent of the great jimmy peanutman carter. He has already all but done this, and I see it as the only thing missing from his otherwise totally uninspiring campaign.

This is truly a campaign of Optimism as presented by GWB versus despair and a terrible malaise as reported by jf kerry and his surrogate johnny Edwards.

The left does nothing more then talk about how bad things are, how much doom and gloom we live in, and how poorly everyone else has done just about everything else. There is ZERO forward looking talk from these guys at all. They talk constantly about a plan………….what plan? They have put nothing forward as a plan other then they will do just about everything differently then GWB. This is not a plan. The other day I even heard one of his campaign masters say when he was pinned down to answer what exactly the plan was, that kerrys plan is actually to have a plan. WHAT the hell does that mean. Is their base really that willing to believe that kind of nonsense?

Well, if you want bitchers, whiners, and complainers…..I say the dems have a guy for you to call yours.

If you want Optimism, Results, and clear vision the choice is easy…....GWB

He's not preaching "malaise." He's just putting it out there that Bush has done a lousy job. If his campaign was uninspiring he wouldn't be running neck-and-neck with a wartime incumbent president. This election is coming down to probably a handfull of battle-ground states. Far from uninspiring.

He's not preaching "malaise."  He's just putting it out there that Bush has done a lousy job.  If his campaign was uninspiring he wouldn't be running neck-and-neck with a wartime incumbent president.  This election is coming down to probably a handfull of battle-ground states.  Far from uninspiring.

77756[/snapback]

OK, but can you answer the question??

What exactly is his plan? (plans, after all he supposedly has so many)??

And does he really have a strong following? The internals that I see from many of the recent polls show that he does not even have 50% approval from his own base. This is hardly my definaition of inspiring.

He's not preaching "malaise."  He's just putting it out there that Bush has done a lousy job.  If his campaign was uninspiring he wouldn't be running neck-and-neck with a wartime incumbent president.  This election is coming down to probably a handfull of battle-ground states.  Far from uninspiring.

77756[/snapback]

If Senator Kerry is saying that President Bush has done a lousy job isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

If Senator Kerry is saying that President Bush has done a lousy job isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

77771[/snapback]

Kerry's "job" as a senator is to represent his state to the best of his abilities, and vote according to what the majority of the people that he represents want. He's done it well enough to continue to get re-elected, and keep his "job". Bush didn't, and won't keep his.

Kerry's "job" as a senator is to represent his state to the best of his abilities, and vote according to what the majority of the people that he represents want.  He's done it well enough to continue to get re-elected, and keep his "job".  Bush didn't, and won't keep his.

77778[/snapback]

Yea, but you still did not answer the question.

What is kerrys great plan, and who or how is he exciting anyone???

OK, but can you answer the question??

What exactly is his plan? (plans, after all he supposedly has so many)??

Have you ever gone to his website to read his plan?

And can you explain exactly what GB's plan is?

Kerry's "job" as a senator is to represent his state to the best of his abilities, and vote according to what the majority of the people that he represents want.  He's done it well enough to continue to get re-elected, and keep his "job".  Bush didn't, and won't keep his.

77778[/snapback]

Kerry could be a goat. As long as he runs in Massachussetts as a Democrat, he'll get elected.

I'm not arguing for either of them as they are both disasterous politicians. Your "choice" to defend one of them says more about you than anything.

Yea, but you still did not answer the question.

What is kerrys great plan, and who or how is he exciting anyone???

77788[/snapback]

His "plans" are all listed as pdf files in the margin of his campaign website.

Half of the people polled seem to be pretty fired up and behind him. The othe half are fired up for your guy. I know everyone I know in the scientific community (both industry and academics), and the music community are pretty excited about bouncing your guy out.

I have. It seems to be "Promote job growth by increasing the middle class tax rate, while spurring the economy by lowering the middle class tax rate. Universal health care for all, paid for by cutting 100k federal jobs even though I'm running on decreased unemployment. Increase the size of the military by 40k soldiers...but without the draft, even though the armed forces barely meet their recruitment quota as it is. Subordinate national security to the UN...but pursue unilateral talks with North Korea." And a lot of other contradictory stuff.

77809[/snapback]

As far as I can tell it's akin to Kevin Bacon's "Remain calm. Everything is under control." plan at the end of Animal House, with a little bit of "sit in the corner with a dunce cap on my head and my thumb up my ass" thrown in for kicks.

Personally...If I have to choose between the guy in the dunce cap with his thumb up his ass, and the guy whose plan involves simultaneous contradictory actions...distasteful though it may seem, I have to believe the guy sitting in the corner is just a little less insane.

Your "choice" to defend one of them says more about you than anything.

77810[/snapback]

My "choice" was to vote for which of the two candidates represents how I feel on a majority of the issues. You want to rip me for voting that way, that's cool. Your vote counts just as much as mine does.

Personally...If I have to choose between the guy in the dunce cap with his thumb up his ass, and the guy whose plan involves simultaneous contradictory actions...distasteful though it may seem, I have to believe the guy sitting in the corner is just a little less insane.

Insane's insane - I'll go with the smarter insane person.

Is it better to pay for all plans by making your grandchildren pay the bills?

Is a bigger and bigger federal government better?

77809[/snapback]

Yea actually I did. Then I took a few asprin and tried to make sense of it. However, I ran out of asprin.

GWB's plan (s) are pretty simple. he has done a good job of pointing them out publically. There is really not much question about what his plans are. The real question here is.....what is kerry plan that he talks about consantly. I mean ever other word is Plan, Plan, Plan........is this all it takes to make the dems happy...the fact that someone says he has a plan?

Look, why is it that kerry has given only one or two interviews to news organizations in the past 7 weeks? It sbecause even the softballers have to ask the simple question...."hey johnny, what is that plan anyway"????

Of course he has found plenty of time to go on letterman, leno, that stewart loser, and give an interview to Rolling Stone (of course he can cuss in that one and then he will look kool) but no time for any of the major news medias.

Oh well, they must know what they are doing, after all the same bunch of folks did such a great job for algore.

My "choice" was to vote for which of the two candidates represents how I feel on a majority of the issues.  You want to rip me for voting that way, that's cool.  Your vote counts just as much as mine does.

77846[/snapback]

I don't see anyone ripping you, just asking questions and making points.

At the end of the day, you have to decide where your vote is best spent. Nobodys perfect, do the best you can.

as long as you think that you have been objective, and you understand most of the major issues, then so be it.

I just asked the question to see if you even knew the answers, because I cannot make heads or tails of your candidates positions.

Actually, DC Toms post above summed up kerrys positions pretty well.

Your "choice" to defend one of them says more about you than anything.

77810[/snapback]

I agree. I have more respect for Rich, Wacka, stickincincy et al for their defense of Bush (come to think of it's usually only Kerry bashing, but no matter) than someone who will not (or cannot) offer an alternative and then stand up to defend that choice.

Being an insane person myself...trust me, you want to deal with the dumb ones. Smart ones always try to do things. Dumb ones just sit in the corner and drool. ;)

77901[/snapback]

Honestly...you believe that either one of these candidates is going to make a difference in federal deficit spending habits? Bush has a bloated budget and tax cuts. Kerry wants to raise taxes...but is pushing expensive programs (e.g. a two trillion dollar health care plan) that will bloat his budget well beyond what the tax hikes will cover. Either way, the government gets bigger, and the bills get pushed off on the next generation. Fiscal irresponsibility is the only thing these candidates have in common.

I agree.  I have more respect for Rich, Wacka, stickincincy et al for their defense of Bush (come to think of it's usually only Kerry bashing, but no matter) than someone who will not (or cannot) offer an alternative and then stand up to defend that choice.

78176[/snapback]

Noted. Still don't care.

77901[/snapback]

The "smarter insane person" has scary written all over it.

77809[/snapback]

Just did that, what a load of crap. I was as if it were written by the local senior running for class president. Plans, plans, plans. No real plan on how to pay for it. Oh yeah, by increasing taxes on the rich. Well I've got news for him, the rich are best equiped to offset those increases through hiring good CPAs and planners to offset those increases through deductions, deferrals and investing in plans where the income in not taxed at all. Why do you think Theresa paid only 12.5% in taxes. Good luck Johnny boy.

Just wondering with only 13 days left, when is kerry going to bring out the fact that we are in a “terrible malaise” reminiscent of the great jimmy peanutman carter. He has already all but done this, and I see it as the only thing missing from his otherwise totally uninspiring campaign.

This is truly a campaign of Optimism as presented by GWB versus despair and a terrible malaise as reported by jf kerry and his surrogate johnny Edwards.

The left does nothing more then talk about how bad things are, how much doom and gloom we live in, and how poorly everyone else has done just about everything else. There is ZERO forward looking talk from these guys at all. They talk constantly about a plan………….what plan? They have put nothing forward as a plan other then they will do just about everything differently then GWB. This is not a plan. The other day I even heard one of his campaign masters say when he was pinned down to answer what exactly the plan was, that kerrys plan is actually to have a plan. WHAT the hell does that mean. Is their base really that willing to believe that kind of nonsense? 

Well, if you want bitchers, whiners, and complainers…..I say the dems have a guy for you to call yours.

If you want Optimism, Results, and clear vision the choice is easy…....GWB

77725[/snapback]

We want reality, whether it is pleasant, optimistic or frightening. By the way, you still haven't answered my question, how many Americans were killed by Saddam Hussein between 9/11 and our invasion of Iraq? It is a simple question isn't it?