Buffalo native wins bronze

Corp000085

Steven Coppola, who is a friend of mine, won the bronze medal today for the United States in rowing for the eight team. In the interests of full disclosure, his dad and mom are close friends with my parents, with his parents being like second parents to me. I haven't seen Steven in a few years, but hell, its still cool to know that you know someone that won a bronze medal. Also, he and his family are GIGANTIC bills and sabres fans and he's a true ambassador of Buffalo, as we all would be in beijing.

I used to row growing up, but unfortunately I stopped growing and never made it past 5-10 and in liverpool where with 4,000 students in the highschool, we had plenty of 6'2" and above that make for better rowers. Always wanted to take it back up again. Its a great sport....congrats to your friend on the bronze

Steven Coppola, who is a friend of mine, won the bronze medal today for the United States in rowing for the eight team. In the interests of full disclosure, his dad and mom are close friends with my parents, with his parents being like second parents to me. I haven't seen Steven in a few years, but hell, its still cool to know that you know someone that won a bronze medal. Also, he and his family are GIGANTIC bills and sabres fans and he's a true ambassador of Buffalo, as we all would be in beijing.

I used to row growing up, but unfortunately I stopped growing and never made it past 5-10 and in liverpool where with 4,000 students in the highschool, we had plenty of 6'2" and above that make for better rowers. Always wanted to take it back up again. Its a great sport....congrats to your friend on the bronze

Maybe he'll post here. I dont' know if he's a poster or lurker. As for the sport, it looks ridiculously difficult. The amount of sustained energy AND coordination makes it seem really really difficult.

Outstanding!!! Congrats to him, nice that you can count him among your friends. Where does the family live now?

Yet another fine CHS alumnus...

COPPOLA '02 WINS OLYMPIC ROWING MEDAL

Well, it is an elitist sport. :angry:

Cheerio, Do you have any Grey Poupon? Thank you my good man, Ta Ta. :devil:

CHS == elitist? I think you should pay a visit to our friends over at Amherst and Colvin...

Great to see some positive news from my alma mater...so far this year we've only heard about famous alumni passing on.